Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 08-01-2011

Default Compressor Help

I recieved a compressor this morning after a LONG wait for a replacement model, as the one i ordered i was told was faulty...

Anyway, maybe i am doing something wrong, but its been on for quite a while, and the pressure needle is still at 0 even when i press the airbrush trigger for air (there is a slight trickle of air from the airbrush, but i can blow harder than that). Ive checked the hose is tight at both connections also.

I understand the pressure guage doesnt show working pressure, only once the airbrush is used, but it doesnt seem to be working at all..

Is it faulty too?
Old 08-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

hi steve if its the one we talked about then sound like its faulty buddy mines 3 years old and has never done that mate so might be worth chasing up the supplier on it dude

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 08-01-2011

Is the screw plug in at the bottom of the tank?
rb5, Mission, F109, F103, F104v2 titanium, F104v2 black, 2 FF01s, FF03, TA02, TA04ss, TA04r, TA05, TT01, TL01, trf 415, M01, M02, 2 M03s, M04, M05, M06, XEVO, DB01, T2R Pro, TC3, b3, SC10, RC10 R5, E Revo, MR4 TC, MR4 TC worlds, MR4 BC SP, Ym34, xxx-t, Mad Rat, Predator DTM, Holiday Buggy (red), H.B (blue), dt03.
Old 08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzboy View Post
hi steve if its the one we talked about then sound like its faulty buddy mines 3 years old and has never done that mate so might be worth chasing up the supplier on it dude
Hi mate, its not, i did order that one as discussed as its the one i wanted, but they emailed and said the one i bought off ebay was faulty and they didnt have any left in stock, so they sent me a AS-18A , and insisted its the equivalent spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
Is the screw plug in at the bottom of the tank?
Looked all around it, and its all sealed...no screw plug in sight.
Old 08-01-2011

Just emailed everythingairbrush to see about compensation, maybe a free set of Auto Air Paints
Old 08-01-2011
Mad Member

what compressor is it?

http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk/

UK Distributors of RCS Products

Old 08-01-2011

AS-18A, its not what i wanted, but they said it will do the same job as the AS-178 i originally ordered
Old 08-01-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

http://www.everythingairbrush.com/ac...AB_AS_18A.html
is this the one Ste,??
to inc pressure screw black bit on top clock wise, pressure should pick up within a second or so of you pressing airbrush trigger.i had similar one,
Old 08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
http://www.everythingairbrush.com/ac...AB_AS_18A.html
is this the one Ste,??
to inc pressure screw black bit on top clock wise, pressure should pick up within a second or so of you pressing airbrush trigger.i had similar one,
Yeah thats the one....

Unfortunatly, its broken or atleat been damanged as ive noticed the water trap which seems to be built into the pressure regulater on this one (all one fixed unit) is lop sided, which i can feel air escaping from the connection between both of them, im guessing thats why im getting no pressure?, as its all escaping

If it was a simple case of unscrewing and aligning up, but as it seems all one unit, i guess i'll have to send it back, what a pain.
Old 08-01-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

ptfe tape might fix it, but i would be back on the phone monday to everythingair.com
Old 09-01-2011
Mad Member

cheap shit mate. sick of it. just buy quality from the start and have done. bought a quick release adaptor from them and it broke within 2 days of use. Nothing to do with the shop let me point out! just cheap. same with hoses, i bought a cheap one and it leaks..nothing too major to warrent sorting it out but still..

http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk/

UK Distributors of RCS Products

Old 09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmiller View Post
cheap shit mate. sick of it. just buy quality from the start and have done. bought a quick release adaptor from them and it broke within 2 days of use. Nothing to do with the shop let me point out! just cheap. same with hoses, i bought a cheap one and it leaks..nothing too major to warrent sorting it out but still..
Yeah, you live and learn...

But they should of tested it before it was sent to me, not like it was working from the start.

But i'll give them the benifit of the doubt that it got damaged in transit, hope there not funny with sorting it out.
Old 09-01-2011

EverythingAirbrush has been pretty good with me, even if some of the cheap accessories haven't! When I tried to order my quick releases they told me that they were having difficulties with them so would ship the rest of my order first. I assumed this was just stock/supplier problems but turns out as Jon says too many were breaking or just leaking. Despite me accepting the risk and offering to take the chance they said they'd rather sell something that worked, so refunded me instead.
I have a similar compressor from somewhere else but with the tank. Hasn't failed me yet (touch wood!) and am hoping that having a tank will mean it lasts longer!