Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 07-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default NO RACING !!!!!

NO RACING TODAY !!
due to circumstances beyond our control.

Sorry it is short notice but only just found out myself.

again NO RACING TODAY !!

a email will be sent to everyone on the members list too.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 07-10-2011

Just when i thought i would make my come back and the mini is all ready

Oh well

Has the NWSC double booked? As if so thats normal i know as i work for them

Michael
Old 07-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It was the storage container, not being delivered till next week.

cool another mini driver

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Old 07-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodd View Post
It was the storage container, not being delivered till next week.
Although thats not the companies fault either. Otherwise it would have been in place yesterday. Still will be in place for next week.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 07-10-2011

Got to say I'm mighty p155ed off at this guys. I can't race on Saturdays, so that's half of my racing between now & Christmas gone; we're not racing in December, I can't race in 2 weeks' time and tonight's cancelled. Sundays don't work for me because that's family time so no Worksop either. Upshot for me is I could race twice between now & 2012. What a load of b******s. Just can't believe that with so much notice of the hall closure we've ended up with this situation. Might as well head East to Grantham on Tuesdays instead.

Sorry to be so -ve but I'm massively frustrated at this after putting in so much effort to the club in recent years. Will keep my Full Membership going with the hope of a payout though...

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 07-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Got to say I'm mighty p155ed off at this guys. I can't race on Saturdays, so that's half of my racing between now & Christmas gone; we're not racing in December, I can't race in 2 weeks' time and tonight's cancelled. Sundays don't work for me because that's family time so no Worksop either. Upshot for me is I could race twice between now & 2012. What a load of b******s. Just can't believe that with so much notice of the hall closure we've ended up with this situation. Might as well head East to Grantham on Tuesdays instead.

Sorry to be so -ve but I'm massively frustrated at this after putting in so much effort to the club in recent years. Will keep my Full Membership going with the hope of a payout though...

It is poo but its not forever,but im sure dave has has enought to do,running his own buisness and a family,with out trying to do everyone a favour,hopfully the new venue will bring new people back to westbridgford when racing returns to the school,i cant do Saturdays as i dont finish till nearly 7,but then i cant do anyday if Wes or Lee dont pick me up

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 07-10-2011
Mad Member

Ok so lets have a little history lesson about what we have been doing to get a new venue for the club to race at over the winter.

We were told before we went outdoors that there might be a possibility of the school sportshall being taken down and that work should be starting over the summer. Just before we left were told that it was looking unlikely that the school would be doing the work this year as they had got adequate enough funding to do the works necessary so we went on the assumption that works would probably not start till after the winter season had finished and would be next summer 2012. We were then told not very long before we came back indoors that works had been booked and now it would start at the end of october. So we would have almost eight weeks to race indoors before we needed to move. At a committee meeting before we came back indoors we were then told by the school that there is only 5 weeks now availiable as work will be starting at the end of september. So obviously this cut our amount of time down to find a venue.

We visited and made enquires with at least ten venues. Beckett and emmanuael school looked promising as they had a decent sized sportshall, availiable on friday but there is no storage for our equipment and we would not be allowed to provide storage on site. So obviously those two venues would not suitable. Another School we looked at was in cotgrave but this was closed on fridays.

We then moved on to leisure centres, Bingham leisure centre seemed ideal, lots of space, availiable ground floor storage, good access to the hall. A meeting was had with them and the manager of the leisure centre went away, to see if he could move a club from their booking in the hall on a friday night to a smaller hall to free up the hall for us. Unfortunatly the club said that they did not want to move, and being a longstanding user of the leisure centre there was nothing we could do. So Bingham was lost and we had to go back to the drawing board.

We looked at the following leisure centres, Cotgrave, Portland leisure centre, clifton leisure centre, the nottingham tennis centre, Rushcliffe Arena, and a few others. All of these leisure centres either were not availiable, had no storage, or were just plainly too small to accomadate us. We also discovered that if you fancy playing badminton then friday nights is a good night to take it up.

Towards the end of our search We made enquires with Rushcliffe leisure centre, after a preliminary visit we made moves to book the venue, initially a small basketball court which would have been enough to have a decent sized track in and then pitting in a extrnal room. We talked to initially an interim manager, then manged to track down (believe me it wasn't as easy as it sounds) their booking manager. After we had some meetings with him we went to book the above hall, we had been told that the Larger gym would be availible to us after christmas which again is a very large hall and ideal for our needs. On the day of booking the venue we were told that apparently there is another manager of the leisure centre who we had never heard of before who had offered the small hall to a table tennis club, but there might be a possibility of having the small gym due to the club that was using it falling in numbers and could easily be accomodated in the squash courts. So this was proposed to said club and they would be having a meeting about it last friday to doisscuss this matter. The club decided not to move and as they are paying their bills and have a contract to the end of january then leisure centre were unable to force them out. We found this news out on sunday and so preceded to book the NWSC on Monday.

Booking was made and confirmed and we went on to order the hire of a container to store our stuff in. This was promised to us during the week. Container arrived at site on thursday, unfortunaley the space allocated for our container had cars parked in it and although the driver enquired with the leisiure centre about getting them shifted the leisure centre were not able to move them. Therefore the container stayed on the back of the lorry, and as such could not be delivered today due to other drop offs etc. So thats why we are not racing tonight.

Why did we book the leisure centre on alternative saturdays? Well we get a cheaper booking if we have consequative bookings we get a discounted rate. unfortunatly there is another club on a friday night who had it booked till the christmas break and so booking on a saturday was our only option.

So basically of all the venues we have spoken to there have either been pitfalls, either no bookings availiable, previous bookings getting in the way, being told that fridays were availiable and then fidning out subsequently that they are not (usually after a week of enquiries) and booking managers not knowing who is booked into their venues and when, and then obviously the other venues that have just not been suitable. Its not been the most straight forward thing to do and we have had three to four committee meetings where all we have concentrated on is finding a new venue, meetings that were two weeks apart as opposed to the usual month gap. The reason we are finsishing so early before christmas is because the hall is booked up for friday saturday and sundays for christmas fairs.

Lets be rest assured that we have not been resting on our laurels and working hard to get the club somewhere to race. Barring the container problem we would have not lost this week and would have been continuous in our club nights.

Obviously saturday nights are not ideal for everyone, myself included will not be racing at them as I can't make saturdays but look forward to having a full friday night schedule after christmas. Hopefully we will be back in the school after another glorious summer at Bingham

Robert Jaques
WBMCC Chairman

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 07-10-2011

It gives me a bit more time to get myself ready - cleaning Dave's X6 is a full time job..

And I don't envy you trying to organise this. I guess the one thing to take out of this is to tell people exactly what the score is at every step, that way they know what has been happening, the pitfalls, and also how hard you've been trying to find another location.

Roll on the New Year.
Old 07-10-2011

+1 to Rob, no point bitching about it, at least you guys have tried.
Old 07-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by westers View Post
It gives me a bit more time to get myself ready - cleaning Dave's X6 is a full time job..

And I don't envy you trying to organise this. I guess the one thing to take out of this is to tell people exactly what the score is at every step, that way they know what has been happening, the pitfalls, and also how hard you've been trying to find another location.

Roll on the New Year.
Ha ha the x6 never got a proper OCD clean just so long as everything worked.
So I won't recognise it next I see it then.

Old 08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodd View Post
Ha ha the x6 never got a proper OCD clean just so long as everything worked.
So I won't recognise it next I see it then.
Course you will mate. There's no mistaking that custard paint job .

Jolly Goodz.
WBMCC.
Team Autocare and Cycles.
Old 08-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes j. View Post
Course you will mate. There's no mistaking that custard paint job .
he say's he ain't using it..

Old 08-10-2011

I have proven with various scientific research programmes, that actually cleaning an X-6 hampers the performance. For example, when running my driveshafts plastered in dried grass, the little pin can't fall out and they last longer. As soon as I clean them the pin falls out and it breaks.

Also I may be bit slow here but are we now racing on Saturdays?
Old 08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd View Post
I have proven with various scientific research programmes, that actually cleaning an X-6 hampers the performance. For example, when running my driveshafts plastered in dried grass, the little pin can't fall out and they last longer. As soon as I clean them the pin falls out and it breaks.

Also I may be bit slow here but are we now racing on Saturdays?
Like a BAWS!.
Old 08-10-2011

Default like a boss ?

how come you allways say like a boss is it a saying of a film or something ?
Old 08-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie 6.5t View Post
how come you allways say like a boss is it a saying of a film or something ?
Google is your friend...

Old 08-10-2011

Default :)

after the clean up ready and rearing to race
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08102011632.jpg (373.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 08102011631.jpg (415.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 08102011630.jpg (451.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 08102011629.jpg (386.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 08102011628.jpg (390.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-10-2011

ow my god thanks for showing me what its all about so so so funny get rejected like a boss shit on her desk like a boss lol
Old 08-10-2011

Sadly, the custard paint job wasn't to my liking. I know, heresy

And I had to clean it - the wife wouldn't allow it in the house otherwise

Top Tip: Oven cleaner is a good method of getting rid of blue anodising
Old 08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie 6.5t View Post
ow my god thanks for showing me what its all about so so so funny get rejected like a boss shit on her desk like a boss lol
Did I miss something