Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 02-02-2012

Race and drift japan have them on pre-order...
Not particularly happy with my B4. But it's paid for... And likely will be as fast or close enough. I don,t get to race enough for it to be worth buying the Yok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Do you have a price already apart from the Japanese RRP? The only European dealer I have found by now offers the kit for approx. 265 euros. That's around 30 to 50 euros more than a DEX210 or TLR22, but parts don't seem to be more expensive than those of other manufacturers. Titanium turnbuckles seem to be included, and as it is a Yokomo, the diff will be OK right out of the box.
I guess I'll wait for the online store of new German Yokomo distributor and take a look. There are so many nice kits on the market today, I'm sure I'll find something. After almost twenty years since my last 2WD buggy (Cougar 2) and three years of SCTs, it's about time!

If you are happy with your B4, stick with it. I'm not a big fan of Associated any more after struggling with all those design flaws of my early SC10, but I still have to credit them for their great lifecycle support for the ancient B/T4 series. If their new worlds car had been metric, I might have been interested.
Old 03-02-2012
Mad Member

If you don't get to race that much it's particularly important to have a car on your shelf that you like. Everytime you see it, you will think "Man, I'd love to race right now!" instead of "I could go to the track right now, but I don't wanna spend my time with this pile of %#*!"

I was thinking about getting a cheap buggy like an Ansmann MadRat/Monkey or LRP Twister for the same reason (time), but if you know the feel and look of a quality kit, these cars just won't do.

Damn, wouldn't that B-Max2 look lovely on my bookshelf?!
Old 03-02-2012

You are definetly right on that one MES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
If you don't get to race that much it's particularly important to have a car on your shelf that you like. Everytime you see it, you will think "Man, I'd love to race right now!" instead of "I could go to the track right now, but I don't wanna spend my time with this pile of %#*!"

I was thinking about getting a cheap buggy like an Ansmann MadRat/Monkey or LRP Twister for the same reason (time), but if you know the feel and lok ao a quality kit, these cars just won't do.

Damn, wouldn't that B-Max2 look lovely on my bookshelf?!
Old 07-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal1ty View Post
Bmax2 shipped today! Kits should arrive end of this week, or next week! Watch out here, for the pics!
Any news?
Old 07-02-2012

Manual online!

http://www.teamyokomo.com/jpn/downlo...ax2_manual.pdf

Nice little feature with the additional 5-15grams spots front/rear. I'm looking forward for some nice bling from rudebits, cream rc, or maybe a midconversion vega style?! hehe.

... but first the kits must arrive, and we're still waiting. I hate it... hehe
Old 07-02-2012
Mad Member

I hope the Proline B4.1 hex adapters will fit. The axle looks like it is machined to 3/16". Bearings in the front wheels are ok (AE conversion axles are available), but I just don't like the drive pins in the rear - too many wheels destroyed on my SC10 in the past...
Old 07-02-2012

The drive pins are in my opinion much saver that the hex'es in asso style. I never destroyed a yokomo rim over the last 3 years with lot racing, testing and training. I'm driving with drive pins front and rear.
By the way are the yokomo rims to be honest, one of the best rims on the martket. Very durable, and very strong! Some of my training rims were over 5 times in aceton, without getting harder or getting destroyed!
Old 07-02-2012
Mad Member

In my experience, it is easier to mount a hex wheel correctly. You are probably right about the better quality of Yokomo wheels, though.

Is there any reason the B-Max2 springs have other colour codes than the B-Max4 versions? Additional springs to choose from? I wonder what springs to get for comparably low bite and high bite Astroturf tracks. The kit springs will probably be the right coice for dirt tracks.
Old 07-02-2012

Yes, they are new springs with new rates. I dont know the exact rates at the moment.
There are also new tapered pistons, avaible in 1, 2 and 3. Will be also something for the Bmax4.