Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 08-02-2012

This is great planning by Durango the original 410 was highly successful, the 2010 again was more successful than the last and surprise surprise the V3 is also a great hit. All these are basically the same design with tweeks here and they are struggling to supply parts.

Obviously the stock of parts was depleting quick so what do you do? Parts sold over 3 years means they can quite easily forecast how many to stock and make to cover the period of developing and manufacturing of any new releases.

How have they got it so wrong? Poor planning, simples.

Unfortunately this will be my first and last Durango. I haven't broke anything yet and been stuck but I don't want to find myself in that situation.

Team Durango haven't even apologised to the people waiting from what I gather or released a statement explaining themselves. Being a victim of your own siccess isnt an excuse!

Congratulations, you have succeeded in upsetting people that don't have the new kits and at the same time alienating the current owners. Bravo.
Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I love my Durango's, they are very well built and the team/set up data, website etc are all top notch!

I do agree on your points about the kit delays, a victim of their own success. Hang in there if you have one on order, its worth the wait.

As for spares, they dont really break, on my 410 I have not broken a single part in 3 years (racing every week), I'v worn things out!

I havent had an issue with spares, MB have most of the parts I will ever need.

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post
I love my Durango's, they are very well built and the team/set up data, website etc are all top notch!

I do agree on your points about the kit delays, a victim of their own success. Hang in there if you have one on order, its worth the wait.

As for spares, they dont really break, on my 410 I have not broken a single part in 3 years (racing every week), I'v worn things out!

Dont really break, please have a look at this picture

http://rsb.se/gallery/files/1/5/4/durango_corner.jpg

Now please tell me that they are not broken, all cars breake now and then, it just is so, i have now ordered a second 410R, so i can strip it into spares, this because i love the raw power the car has.
Old 08-02-2012

Quote:

I'm glad someone is saying something good about durango for once, for a minute I was thinking about canceling my order (again) but after everything I've been reading they do seem to be bullet proof, so for me this is a megga plus point , so I think I will hold on and just pray durango sort it out because people on here are really not singing their praise at the moment so I can emagine this will be putting alot of poeple off buying durango.

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=matthew

Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well anyone can break any car, but overall I have found the 410 to be a very strong car.

Thats a good effort ripping the front wheel off!

Quite a few club members bought full fat 410's when they came out then bought a 410r for spares etc, a good way to get eveything you need.

With the prices of the 410R second hand its a good option.....

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiixx View Post
Dont really break, please have a look at this picture

http://rsb.se/gallery/files/1/5/4/durango_corner.jpg

Now please tell me that they are not broken, all cars breake now and then, it just is so, i have now ordered a second 410R, so i can strip it into spares, this because i love the raw power the car has.
Is that 3 broken 410's there?

My feedback

Old 08-02-2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew View Post
Is that 3 broken 410's there?
There's 3 cars upside down with no visible breakages - unless you count the guy who didn't tighten his wheel nut?
Old 09-02-2012

I ran my Durango 410r for 8 months racing on average once a week. In that time I broke a front shock tower and two rear wishbones. I wore out a few bearings and the driveshafts ended up having a lot of play in them but they still do the job. Anyone who has raced with me knows that my throttle finger is somewhat over exuberant, with the inevitable HARD crashes. On countless occasions I have watched my buggy barrelling down the track into the weeds only for it to be put back on its wheels and allow me to tear of to the next crash. I was fortunate enough to get one of the the last V3's and have been racing that using the 410r as a spares mule (only needed a rear wishbone hinge pin so far), I really cannot praise it enough. I have found the Durango quality at the price to be in a class of its own, hang on in there and you will not be disappointed, it is a great car that handles beautifully out of the box.
All hail the Durango
Old 09-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:

I put an order together with MB last night, for durango spares, £25 to ship a bag of nuts and bolts plus a couple of bits of plastic to Sweden. I was only charged £30 to ship the original 410R kit....... The same order at another supplier was £8.99. This is why it takes me so long to get my spares. I have to make the order on two or three websites at the same time to see who has the cheapest postage once its all done.

Definitely worth the effort of shopping around.

Klixx, where are you based, might be worth pooling resources/spares with other local durango drivers, much like everyone else does (got 6 or 7 DEX210s and 4 (?) DEX410s at our club. So spares are generally available (unless i crash into a wall more than three times))
Old 09-02-2012
Mad Member

Just thought it might be worth drawing non-uk residents attention to this......

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92980

Makes life a lot easier as they seem to have rather a lot of spares in stock right now!

Cheers
Matt
Old 09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
There's 3 cars upside down with no visible breakages - unless you count the guy who didn't tighten his wheel nut?
The one in the middle is mine, and that was a ripped spur gear, and i am NOT complaining about quality, and the spur issue was caused by myself, what i am saying is that it is bad that one has to order a carkit just to get some few spares.

But i have desited to try and hang out for this summer too, and then review the situation again.
Old 09-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have never really struggled to find parts, I haven't broken heaps but most things are available although not all from the same place.

I buy locally first to support the LHS here then I look at the UK then US

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 09-02-2012

Hi guys,
Team Durango is still a very young company and we are working hard to improve the availability of our products. Demand has far outstripped supply on many products.
We are working very hard with our suppliers to improve things, and the situation will get a lot better during 2012.
Old 09-02-2012

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Durango View Post
Hi guys,
Team Durango is still a very young company and we are working hard to improve the availability of our products. Demand has far outstripped supply on many products.
We are working very hard with our suppliers to improve things, and the situation will get a lot better during 2012.
This is great news, I just hope it's sooner rather than later! it's better that we are updated on whats going on as it saves people second guessing about whats going on at durango at the moment and also I think it will put people's minds at rest and stick with durango

My feedback

Old 09-02-2012

So who has the following items on stock in one shop with reasonable shipping ? to the netherlands ( not a single durango shop in my country )

1 x TD310226 alloy wheel hex 14mm
4 x TD330023 alu shock seal cap
2 x TD330032 shock mount rear
1 x TD310257 210 gearbox

and some rear springs

I havent seen this in stock for many weeks.

( still loving durango )
Old 09-02-2012

Made interesting reading this thread!!

Although there is a long legacy when it comes to Durango, TD is still in it's infancy in respects to them trading as a company in the market place. Also with recent developments imagine there is a lot of work happening behind the scenes, like with any new aquisition.

I've run a 410 for a couple of seasons, found the car bullet proof & majority of the spares I have bought & used were mainly used for maintenance.

There are plenty of the essential spares out there for the 210 & 410 cars, shouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez View Post
So who has the following items on stock in one shop with reasonable shipping ? to the netherlands ( not a single durango shop in my country )

1 x TD310226 alloy wheel hex 14mm
4 x TD330023 alu shock seal cap
2 x TD330032 shock mount rear
1 x TD310257 210 gearbox

and some rear springs
My shop has them all in but not the gear box

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 09-02-2012

I'm not knocking the car its great as it got me my F2 last season. If they stick by their word and every stockist can get the parts easy enough then I'll stick with Durango

I haven't broke anything, just wear and tear stuff, but I don't want to get caught out in the future.

Thanks Durango for updating everyone, now it'll put my mind at ease.
Old 10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Durango View Post
Hi guys,
sorry team durango, but it can't get any worse. so, sure, it will be better. but as for me, i am just an example, it is to late.

i have a full 410, no problems, wanted to buy a v3 just for the new kit and use the old one for backup, but absolutly no chance to get one here in germany. same with the 210; you got to preorder and pray to god not to be 5th on the list, because it seems our distributer gets 3-4 every batch thats reaches germany.

exactly same story with dex408...some shops in UK restocked them...we did't evan had them once in stock

i was in the ballpark of a 1:8 e-buggy but i have to be sure to get parts when i need them; i want to be sure that i can get them....so a mbx6 eco it is now.

and i will drive my dex410 until she falls apart, but that was defenetly the last vehicle vom team durango.

edit: a friend said team durango have to change from "serious about racing" to "serious about customer"

and thats true, the big names wich are all sponsered, dont feed you (TD) we who are paying for every little screw an part, we pay your bills
Old 10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKiwi View Post
My shop has them all in but not the gear box
and your shop is? www.onekiwi.com ?