Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Thumbs down WHEELSPIN MODELS

I can only say a very big thankyou to Wez Myles at CML for helping me out for this weekend;
After what i can say is would i use this model shop again the simple answer is no bloody chance;
I was in desperate need of the following item ;

Reedy WolfPack 7.2V 4200mAh Battery with Deans Connector

Ordered this item via CML Shopatron on Tuesday 21st Febuary and paid for it straight away then i received a email back to confirm my order and that it had been passed over to WHEELSPIN MODELS;
Thursday 23rd Febuary i contacted the shop to see if they could give me any idea on this item they replied back that it had ben posted out that afternoon from there premises at 3.20 pm;
1 WEEK LATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday 1st March post arrived today still no sign of this item i gave wheelspin a call to get told it is out of there control and to do with Royal Mail i have to leave it 15 days and then contact the shop back where they will then put a claim in with Royal Mail;
I also asked was this item in stock with the shop at the time of the order being processed from CML Shopatron to the shop i was told no it was not in stock but it was at there other warehouse which i know for a full fact does not even exisit.The other warehouse they keep telling people about is the Distrubuters they actually deal with;
So why does a shop accept a order from the shopatron system when they have not even got it in stock this to me is beyond a joke and still does not make me any better or sort my urgent needs for this battery;
As i needed this battery to enable to run a new engine in that i require for this weekend to go and do my hobby i enjoy and love doing this is my point for a rant and rave;
As i feel it is totally wrong that if you order something on line it will show up as SHADOW STOCK if this is the case if you require something urgent then do not waste your time or money ordering the item as it means it is at the distrubuters and not in there so called other warehouse
Wheelspin models have done absoulutley bugger all to try and sort this problem out or even help me in anyway they can and would i use there services again the answer to this IS NO CHANCE;
I made a call to Wez at CML and explained the situation to him and how urgent this battery was he was fantastic, fully understanding and gave it 150% to sort this out for me .Wez has re posted another 1 out to go to Podium RC and i will pick it up from there on Saturday morning as thats where i will be
So from the bottom of my heart thanks to Wez and CML for helping me out this weekend ;

Just be wary when ordering things whether on line or via phone

RANT OVER FROM 1 ANGRY CUSTOMER

Crptpromachine
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crtpromachine View Post
Ordered this item via CML Shopatron on Tuesday 21st Febuary and paid for it straight away then i received a email back to confirm my order and that it had been passed over to WHEELSPIN MODELS;
Thursday 23rd Febuary i contacted the shop to see if they could give me any idea on this item they replied back that it had ben posted out that afternoon from there premises at 3.20 pm;
1 WEEK LATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday 1st March post arrived today still no sign of this item i gave wheelspin a call to get told it is out of there control and to do with Royal Mail i have to leave it 15 days and then contact the shop back where they will then put a claim in with Royal Mail...
This is exactly what happened to me. I've also had that happen this week with an unnamed shop - although they just said they'd send another...which may suggest they forgot about the first one, who knows?

I get my fair share of mail order stuff delivered every month and I have to say this business of the items being 'lost in the post' just seems a bit too convenient sometimes when the same offenders are mentioned on here more than a few times.
Old 01-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To be fair if They HAD posted it and it had gone missing then they are correct,even with the best postage, royal mail will do nothing for 15days incase it is lost in their system, after this they will start to look into a clame...and doing that is another nightmare altogether.

But I do agree, If you say you have stock, then you should have it,As I have posted before no one want's to hold stock, taking the gamble that the importers will have stock to them within a day, but even then if you order on tuesday, you would be lucky to see your item by the weekend!

I have to admit I have ended up only dealing with the few shops that advertise on oople who I know have a quality live stock system...JE spairs is very hard to match, also MB seems honest
But to be fair again to all the other shops, I have heard that these live stock systems cost an absolute bomb to set up and run

mind you somtimes it works to our to our favor, I ordered an undershell for my blitz last year, By phone, week later nothing so rang to see what was up, they said all was ok I should have it, and the next day it did arrive.....then 3 days later another arrived.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 01-03-2012

+1 for jespares + mbmodels, both have upto date stocking levels and usually next day delivary. Cant fault either of these 2 and use both regularly depending on who has what in stock
Old 01-03-2012

+1 for je there teal good there is other large well known online retailers ive had problems eith mainly a*** and *odel****t
Old 01-03-2012

JE Spares and MB Models are my 2 top sites

Both have live stock count, helpfully both cover most items I will ever need. And normally arrives next day on standard shipping. What more can you ask for!
Old 02-03-2012

Don't want to turn this into a this shop is better than that shop thread but due to the unfortunate demise of the shop I used previously I gave DMS Racing a buzz for some stuff and to be honest the service I received both at time of order and when dealing with a part that had to be ordered in from the supplier was nothing short of superb!!!

For me, the best approach is to order by phone so that your requirement is absolutely crystal clear.

Just my opinion.
Old 02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighty View Post
+1 for je there teal good there is other large well known online retailers ive had problems eith mainly a*** and *odel****t

+1 By far the best site and service since Microtech

Trader Feedback Link
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88156