Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 17-04-2012

Default Spares

What do people keep as spares ?? I seem to have an abundance of most parts, mainly due to ebay whims. Recent upgrades mean i have ESC's and motors that are all perfectly working.

Do people sell them on or keep them as spares ? Never seen an ESC go pop personally but sods law the week after selling it mine would go bang lol
Old 18-04-2012

If you drive Ansmann, I bought myself a spare Rat, very fair price
Old 18-04-2012
Mad Member

spares, that word is bad, i'm the same as you when it comes to ebay, or shops making offers too good to turn down, i have enough spares to open a shop,

i would keep them just in case you need them but thats me,

i race lrp sharks and i have about 10 of every spare available and that includes chassis's,

i even have about 5 brushed esc's and motors and probably 7 brushless systems spare,

most still boxed and unused,

i am seriously thinking of selling some parts soon tho as its money that i could put towards a new car.

i suppose it all depends also if you will be able to get the parts you need a year down the line,

if you have noticed a decline in the parts you have got on ebay then keep them, if there is still tons available on the web then you may put the money from the items that you sell to better use...

your choice at the end of the day

you can see how many spares for my shark i've collected, these are just the parts in packets, i have probably half again out of packets and new

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7626931...89813580/show/
Old 19-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
What do people keep as spares ?? I seem to have an abundance of most parts, mainly due to ebay whims. Recent upgrades mean i have ESC's and motors that are all perfectly working.

Do people sell them on or keep them as spares ? Never seen an ESC go pop personally but sods law the week after selling it mine would go bang lol
As Ron said all depends on you really. If you crash a lot then I would suggest buying a surplus of spares, me in 2wd I prefer to have at least four sets of front wishbones, and two sets of rears, hubs, castor blocks, knuckle arms, steering arms I keep three of each, diff plates, screw and thrust I keep two of each and tend to have one set of out drives. One front and rear shock tower as well and a coupke of sets of spare wheels. Its a lot but then again if you liek the car and goes well you may as well stock up and continue using it.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS