Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 27-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORMAC View Post
Hi Scott.
Yes another rattle can job

Here it is-

whats with the lump on the blue car ????

any schumacher cat and yokomo

mvh isobarik
Old 27-08-2012

Hey Iso,

The bump on the bonnet area was part of the mold. The shell is an older repro that came out of the UK a number of years ago. Quite a unique look isn't it.

As for trade of parts, I have some nip Yokomo parts and another set of alloy wheel adapters for Schumacher-Yokomo.
Old 27-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
whats with the lump on the blue car ????
It's a Racecraft bodyshell. Racecraft made replacement bodies for every race buggy at the time, but unlike the modern body copiers Racecraft modified the bodies to differentiate them from the originals by either adding or taking away details. Sticking a small scoop on the body was a common mod, the other trick they did was smoothing out complex details.
Old 14-09-2012

Default Cats looking good

Hi

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the sdp belt Kazel recomended definatly fits the SWB Cat. Good news :~) Now that I can easily get belts I've got a runner planned once this project is finished.

A 6Z16M298045 from sdp-si.co

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/PartDetail...54&GroupID=342

Cost about £6 inc postage

Car is looking in reasonably good shape now. Chassis and belt arrived on Monday, built it up on the kitchen table then just sat there looking at it for about an hour, memories flooding back..................

Still looking for:

1 x Front Axle T086
2 x Rear Top Wishbone Pivots T079
2 x Battery Straps / Nicad Clamps C058

The only other thing I can't seem to find anywhere are 2 x A336 No.4 x 3/4" Csk Hd self tapping screws with a slotted head. I can find posi-drive heads or hex heads but no slotted heads. It's only a minor thing but I would like all the screws to look right and it's just these two screws driving me mad. Tried Model Fixings, all local DIY / hardware stores, ebay, net searches etc......

If anyone can help with these remaining items please drop me a PM.

Like I said pictures comming soon, hopefully Monday........

Thanks again to everybody thats helped, its appreciated

Alex

Nostalgia
Schumacher Boss Cat ...... Schumacher Pro Cat ...... Schumacher Cat XLS ....... Schumacher Cat XL ...... Schumacher SWB Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat 89 Worlds Replica ...... Yokomo Super Dogfighter YZ870c ...... Kyosho Optima Mid LWB ...... Kyosho Optima Mid SWB ...... PB Maxima ...... PB Mini Mustang ...... Marui Ninja ...... Marui Samurai ...... Mardave Cobra ...... Mardave Meteor ...... Mardave Meteor LWB
Old 14-09-2012

Hasn't Terry already mentioned Modelfixings? in this thread!!

Schumacher Cat Sx3
Old 14-09-2012

Default Slotted Head Countersunk Screws

Yeah i've got all the other screws I need from model fixings but can't find No.4 Countersunk self tappers with slotted head. Maybe i'm being stupid and have missed the part. but just checked again and still couldn't see anything. If they are there could someone be so kind as to point out the part number..........

Thanks

Alex

Nostalgia
Schumacher Boss Cat ...... Schumacher Pro Cat ...... Schumacher Cat XLS ....... Schumacher Cat XL ...... Schumacher SWB Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat 89 Worlds Replica ...... Yokomo Super Dogfighter YZ870c ...... Kyosho Optima Mid LWB ...... Kyosho Optima Mid SWB ...... PB Maxima ...... PB Mini Mustang ...... Marui Ninja ...... Marui Samurai ...... Mardave Cobra ...... Mardave Meteor ...... Mardave Meteor LWB
Old 14-09-2012

Sorry didn't mean to sound off

Anyway have you tried contacting them? They say if they don't have it listed get in contact.

Mick

Schumacher Cat Sx3
Old 14-09-2012

Default Screws

Hmmmm good idea...... No not contacted them yet. Getting slow in my old age.... doh!!!!

Take care

Aex

Nostalgia
Old 17-09-2012

Default SWB Cat Project so far

Here it is. At the moment its still fitted with MMS Diff and please ignore the rear wing. Still need battery staps, front axle, rear upper pivot blocks, 1 roll bar clamp and one ball joint.

Nostalgia
Old 17-09-2012

Great job getting this far. Very nice

***always on the hunt for vintage KO ESC's***
Old 17-09-2012

Default More Photos

Inc very rare gear cover

More Comming Soon

Nostalgia