Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 02-05-2014

Default New RC Track and Facilities in Peterborough

We have started an e petition for Peterborough city council to create public rc car facilities. Please sign our petition at:

http://democracy.peterborough.gov.uk...lay.aspx?id=20

Visit our facebook page and show your support:

New off road model car facilities for Peterborough
Old 03-05-2014

Signed. Would definitely like to be involved if it goes ahead. I'm in Huntingdon so nice and close

www.ModelCarParties.co.uk - Radio Controlled Car Racing Events - Kids Parties, Fetes, Exhibitions etc

www.ElliottsDrivingSchool.co.uk - driving lessons, trailer training, young driving experience (14+). Areas covered include - Huntingdon, Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford and surrounding towns / villages.
Old 06-05-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

www.pmcr.co.uk
Old 07-05-2014

Hi there,

Yes there is PMRC attended about a month ago but there is no real off road facilities, Carpet racing only in very small hall. If you take Nene Valley Raceway as an example of a great facility, this is the sort of thing that would be amazing to have available in this area and would really promote the hobby.

http://www.nenevalleyraceway.co.uk/
Old 07-05-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Yes, you're right, no offroad facilities. I kind of know a bit of what goes on as I'm secretary of the Peterborough club!

When we were based in Ramsey we had a full off road track that was used in the summer months for club and BRCA regional races - that myself and various other club members built up over the years. However a combination of reduced interest in that sector and a venue change that meant we were looking at losing the area we used meant that we went indoors only in Peterborough.
Old 07-05-2014

Hi There,

Yes I do remember them days as I was also involved with Ramsey in the early 90's and do remember you. I packed up racing in the middle 90's but my kids now have an interest in the hobby and would like them to get involved. The problem is lack of facilities that can be used regularly in Peterborough ,we used to have (when I started) a track that was established inside Notcutts Garden Centre( available any time), we had the Orton club running inside Orton Longville School (Fridays)and also Stamford(Wednesdays) as well as Ramsey (Saturdays).

I just think that instead of the council creating another skate park that some money could be used to create an area where people can use RC cars safely instead of using public places and which could be used for local/regional meetings or maybe even adopted by PMRC to run events?
Old 07-05-2014

I've signed it too