Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 10-05-2014
Mad Member

Default Spektrum help

Hi guys

Recently I have been having some issues with my transmitter. Every now and again when racing the car will seem to stick like it loosing signal and then resume, sometimes its cornering and other times its just on a straight.(although, all these times I am either attempting to steer, or have started to steer) Then the car can be fine for weeks.

It's just happened again tonight costing me a good final result (and a potentially trophy.. Sob)

I've swapped servo as I had a new sanwa low profile,(ERS-971) I fitted a Sanwa SRG-BL as that is meant to be low power but still the same (although very intermittent) I did have a KO 2413 fitted at one point way back and can ever remember having this issue.

Do you think its the sanwa servos needing more juice than the KO one? Also this only seems to happen at large tracks.

It's a spektrum pro, KO esprit 3 and sr3500 reciever and a muchmore Fleta pro esc.

Help!! Before I go mad and buy a Sanwa Exzes Z on the credit card!!
Old 14-05-2014

Two things I can think of.

1. Try to ensure that when your steering at maximum, the servo is not straining. If the servo is still trying to move the steering, but is prevented from doing this, it will pull maximum load. This can happen if the end points are not set correctly.

2. You could try a receiver cap, which can help if your system is having trouble providing all the juice needed. I had to use one on my buggy as the transponder was missing laps when I was going over the loop with all the turbo kicking in. A cheap Etronix Power Cap (#ET0077) from ebay fixed this.
Old 14-05-2014

I had an intermittent range problem with the SR 3500......changed to Orange GR300 and no more problems...
Old 14-05-2014

Also had issues with my spektrum, just bought a Sanwa Exzes but not tried it yet.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 14-05-2014

i gather this is dsm spec not the more current dsm2\r. These receivers were known for this to happen. Basically its a voltage spike and the receiver returns to a state of bind. Its uncommon as i know a lot of people running the older dsm spec and they don't have the issue, but then there is a few guys i know that suffer this fault. Stick a capacitor on and the problem should go away. (this info is from a guy at hhuk!) the newer dsm2 and r tech doesn't suffer with this. I wouldn't recommend the orange receivers, i work in a model shop and the amount of guys we have come in saying they have loss of reception with these happens a lot. I wouldn't ever trust none spektrum gear imo. But that is my opinion based on frsky with futaba after having a 4.5t powered zx5 lazer brown out on a straight with a wall of death style turn at the end! (yes messy)
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc
Old 15-05-2014

Craig
I had the same problem with the SR300 that came with a DX3E, tried the power cap which appeared to help but problem came back in the hut at Congleton and my car ended up in the kitchen off the straight!!!
Sent the receiver to Horizon uk, they said they could not replicate the fault and just sent me a new receiver, problem solved.
Old 17-05-2014
Mad Member

Cheers I will see if horizon have much to say
Old 21-05-2014

Hi Craig, I had the same problem in my mini, I used a power cap for a while and it was better but it kept happening every now and then, I will bring the cap Thursday if I can find it and you can try it for a while. I ran the electrics bar the receiver in my pan car and they ran fine untill I plugged the battery in the wrong way round but later I put the 'dodgy' receiver in my drift car and it worked fine so I'm not sure what the problem is but your welcome to try my power cap if you want
Old 21-05-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
I had an intermittent range problem with the SR 3500......changed to Orange GR300 and no more problems...
Don't believe they work with the pro model modules as there not dsm2

Sounds like a power cap is needed.
Old 23-05-2014
Mad Member

yep, power cap installed now. Hopefully that will sort it.
Old 23-05-2014

Default power cap

I know other people have posted about installing a power cap into the receiver to stop brown outs when under heavy current drain from ESC & servo. +1 from me but make sure the capacity of your power cap is up to task. Capacity of a capacitor is measured in microfarads and generally the more the better. I use a 16 Volt 4700 microfarad capacitor and never had any issues since. All my models have one fitted and does make the difference between turning right at the end of the straight and putting bits in a carrier bag !