Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 06-12-2015

Default Just ordered a YZ-2

Just back to racing in the last few weeks with my old B3 and old electrics. But decided to bite the bullet and just bought a YZ-2 on offer new.

So I am starting from scratch, so is it worth doing the LMR upgrades, pistons, springs and weights straight away.

I am also thinking of getting a speed Passion Revention pro with either a 10.5 or 8.5 motor, and then the Servox servo the 1251 the smaller one. Will a standard one fit. I have seen they seem very tight space wise for electrics, so any tips on the build or what to buy would be great. Won't be going to the club now till after xmas as wife seems to be partying until then so can't really ask around and keen to build it up over the next few weeks.

Thanks
Old 06-12-2015

I've found the pistons are worth it but you don't really need the other stuff. Infact in a lot of situations I've found the car feels better without extra weight. I run a full size KO servo in mine and there's plenty of room. Motor wise I'd go for what you feel comfortable with. I'm running a Reedy 8T in mine.
Old 06-12-2015
Mad Member

It is very tight for electrics. You can get them in with a full size servo if your pretty good at installs. If not, I'd go for a low profile one.

The pistons and springs are a good move tho.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 07-12-2015

pistons seem to be out of stock on the LMR site, anywhere else sell them?
Old 07-12-2015

Mbmodels
Liars run for cover the truth is taking over!!!
Old 07-12-2015
Mad Member

I used to have a Reventon Pro, but I was not a fan. I'd either recommend one of the Muchmore Fletas (Pro or Stock, I have both and I love them!) or a Hobbywing V3.1. Savöx low-profile servos seem have the toughest gears, but their full-size stuff is said to hold up better. I almost exclusively useFutaba Servos, but also have one Xpert RC and one KO Propo servo each, and I can recommend them all. They are more reliable than all the Savöx and Sanwa servos I used to have.

As for the other stuff, the Yatabe springs and the machined pistons are great, I'd recommend getting them from the start. If you are running on a track with slippery elements, you possibly should consider buying a ball diff, other than that I'd say run the car out of the box for the time being. Various options are absolutely worthwhile on some tracks, but you may not need them on others, e.g. the gull wing front suspension or the B-Max4III rear arms and drive axles.
Old 07-12-2015

I forgot to mention a ball diff is an essential part.