Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 18-04-2016

Default High traction + spurs

Currently running a bmax 4 iii on high traction carpet.

Lately if I'm lucky I may get 10 or so cycles before I roach a spur. I understand high traction there's more strain but wondering if this seems a bit early for spurs to go bad?

Been running 6.5t, 18/87 gearing. All screws and mounts seem tight. Slipper is around 2-1.5mm gap. Slipper pads have glazed a bit but I've cleaned them up. My brakes are on the stronger side but purely due to the Esc I'm using (sp reventon pro), 90% strength, 30% initial brake force.

There are no triple jumps, all double jumps that require half throttle at most. I'm thinking since I've been harder on the brakes this could also be the case.. Or maybe increased timing/max punch etc?

Maybe a slightly bent chassis even?

I'm using the sound method to mesh, meshing at the most quietest point

Last edited by ayske1; 18-04-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 18-04-2016
Mad Member

I used the rock method on the mesh, you can eyeball it and get just enough gear "rock" maybe 0.3 mm!
From memory i had 3mm on the slipper setting, and that was spot on at our track, cant say i ever killed a spur!
You may not have enough clearance on the mesh TBH?

Lee
Old 18-04-2016
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

If your pads have glazed then theyve been ran hot - which would transfer to the plastic of the spur. Do you know how to properly set a slipper up?
Old 18-04-2016
Mad Member

Maybe drop your braking, that is a lot, think i ran 75% on a Sky RC, which was plenty!

Lee
Old 18-04-2016

Which spur are you running? The black or white one? I never had problems with the black but destroyed a white spur within minutes...
Old 18-04-2016

87t spur which is black. The brakes on the sp are quite weak...

I used to run a tighter slipper for low traction but I wasn't on the brakes as hard and using a different esc then. I'll try play around with the slipper tightness

Last edited by ayske1; 18-04-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 18-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
If your pads have glazed then theyve been ran hot - which would transfer to the plastic of the spur. Do you know how to properly set a slipper up?
they have glazed but I've also cleaned off the slipper disc... Are you saying once glazed the pads will naturally heat up faster during each run...
Old 18-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

have you packed out the bearings to reduce the play in the slipper assembly? if not, you will kill spurs. search on here for into and pictures, but basically put a small strip of tape at the point where the bearings touch the top plate. this will pack it out, stop the bearings moving, and stop you killing spurs. the car runs loads quieter too.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19-04-2016

Yeah I've always used tape from near the beginning. I've had the b-max since Christmas 2014, only started killing them recently in indoor. I'll try some new tape and inspect the pads...