Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 19-06-2010

With respect guys, while im sure this is an important point to find out & clarify at somepoint soon, it seems to be sliding away somewhat from the original point of the thread... ?

Cant we just get everyone talking again about their general views on WRCA Regional entry costs and leave the individual details until the AGM, or at least keep it to different thread ?
Old 19-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

agreed, I would suggest then, that as it can't be changed till the AGM, we find out what people are willing to pay.
Old 19-06-2010

I was surprised when in the queue at Taly for round one when I heard people being charged £10 to enter and then shocked when the guy infront of me was charged £20 to do two classes!!

I was going to enter two, but that changed my mind along with the warning that if you did two classes you'd get penalised if you were racing in your 2nd class when you should be marshaling for your 1st!

The Mid West regionals that I've done have charged £5 and £6 depending on the club which is a bargain! £10's too much in my opinion anywhere inbetween would be ok.

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 19-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb_75 View Post
I was going to enter two, but that changed my mind along with the warning that if you did two classes you'd get penalised if you were racing in your 2nd class when you should be marshaling for your 1st!
I think the marshalling issue arouse last year when the electric boys didnt want to marshall for the nitro, so it was agreed that electric marshall themselves and the same with nitro. This does mean that sometimes you will have to marshall or get a relief marshall even if you are in the next heat, this has happened to both electric and nitro, but moreso electric as they tend to race 2wd and 4wd.

I can understand where mikeyg is coming from about the rules as it seems the WRCA likes to adhere to some of the rules, then overlooks others.

If the WRCA want to run the regionals to the same standard as the Nationals then the WRCA themselves should run each event, supplying timing, PA equipment, central booking in, official timekeeper, official referee, sructineering equipment. Then it should be the club who helps run the meet doing sructineering and track maintenance. So who on the WRCA committee would like to offer their services to fill the above positions and give up their days racing for each event.
Old 19-06-2010

The areas where I accept that if we were to be kept tight on the rules, like the EB motor and cell list, it would push some racers away, who don't have homologated kit. But as Matt says, some things come down to the fact that we don't have the manpower to do everything.

re: Marshalling, if you race, you expect to be marshalled, so it is up to you to ensure there is a Marshall in your slot, for your turn at Marshalling, if we allow Mr X not to Marshall, cause he is booked in to two heats, then how are we to ensure others do, oh, my cars broken etc....
Old 20-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Maybe those who have hi-jacked this thread to talk about, I mean argue about nitro rules could go and start another thread?

WRCA is too expensive for me. That's why I aint at them this year. I had time booked off work and the wifes busy DIY schedule was cleared in readyness for the egm to argue this exact ruling, then at the last minute the EGM got moved to a date I couldn't do, ah well.

Other regions charge between £4 and £8 for Electric regionals. Many only run one class per event.

It takes the same amount of work to organise a meeting regardless if people race 1, 2 or 3 classes so why should we pay so much for entries?

Some ideas:

If Nitros have such different ideas on what should be done then why should we be governed by the same rules?

Maybe Electric and Nitro sections should decide their own race fees, race formats etc.?

Maybe Electric and Nitro sections should have seperate AGMs or seperate meetings at the AGM? Similar to the main BRCA AGM.

Thoughts please ;-)
Old 20-06-2010
Mad Member

^^^^Spot on Craig. Its impossible to run electric and nitro under the same rules, theres just to many differences. One of the main points which has been isued is the difference in track time.

Therefore race fee's i feel should be different. The reason i haven't attended any WRCA meetings so far is cost. Not only the fact i live so far away and have to spend on fuel getting to the event, but race fess. If i was to travel over an hour away to an event, id like to make the most of it and run 2 or 3 classes, but at £10 per class its a joke.

My 2 pennies worth,

Jamie.......
Old 20-06-2010
Mad Member

I think that we should set separate prices that are appropriate to each section.

Nitros may find £10 per class acceptable, and that is totally fine, but the electric section accross the UK definately has a lower price, as proven by a number of posts in this thread.

Another thought, do Nitro racers run in more than one class on a day? Maybe the 2 class cost thing is an electric only problem? Does running 2 classes of electric equate to more track time than 1 class of nitros?

Either way, we should be looking to get our regional events priced comparably to the other regions in both classes and making sure that price works for all the clubs involved.

For me I've not entered 2 classes this year because I don't want to pay £20 for a stressful day's racing! Running 2 cars on this level of turnout would be less fun for me!

But if the number of people who have said they would run 2 classes if it was cheaper had entered 2 classes, that might have increased the number of heats and reduced that stress to acceptable levels!

Does anyone in the WRCA have any idea on the entry numbers from last year verses this year? Has it increased at all?

If the electric entry numbers are growing, then maybe reduced entry, for more numbers and more classes raced makes it more (or at just as) financially viable for the clubs to run them?

Maybe it's time for another thread for general WRCA / AGM discussion!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 20-06-2010

As I said at the beginning of this thread I paid £20 to run 2 classes but out of principal I wont be doing it again.
Losi 8ight 2.0 B e...in the making...Completed!!...sold
Caldicot Car Club
GNR Christmas bash winner 2009/2010 lol
Old 20-06-2010

Send a message via MSN to madcrazybonkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimatto View Post
If the WRCA want to run the regionals to the same standard as the Nationals then the WRCA themselves should run each event, supplying timing, PA equipment, central booking in, official timekeeper, official referee, sructineering equipment. Then it should be the club who helps run the meet doing sructineering and track maintenance. So who on the WRCA committee would like to offer their services to fill the above positions and give up their days racing for each event.
Going back to when i was racing many moons ago which ever club's round it was who ever ran the club did not race that round and ran the round properly well the best they could.
Many times i did not race the caldicot round cos i would be the one sat there handing out transponders and scrutineering.
So your telling me and others who read this that nothing is checked so you can cheat all day long im sorry but it should be ran upto BRCA rules as thats what the regionals are for to qualify for the nats.

As for costs i agree that £10 for 25 mins of race time is a lot it used to be £6.50 so £7 and 2nd class half price sounds good to me cos if its going to stay at the £10 mark then im better off doing nitro and getting 1hr ish race time.

Last edited by madcrazybonkers; 20-06-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Miss informed
Old 20-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The reason I started this thread was to gauge peoples opinions on the entry fees to race in the wrca
It has nothing to do with volume of track time for nitro versus electric or anything like that, its to do with the principle of paying the same amount to race in the wrca as a brca national, nothing else
Tis getting a little boring with people saying you didnt attend the agm so you have no right to voice an opinion, I do, and thats the reason why I said it in my 1st post, like I said boring
Old 20-06-2010

Well I've just got home from weekends racing in weston park to see you guys have been very busy!! Mr belsten what have you started!!

There are some good points on both sides..

And I am realy looking forwards to the next AGM, I feel that this year has woken up the electric boys, And I do believe more will make an effort to attened the AGM not leaving it one person to represent them. I wouldn't like to have a seperate electric AGM at this early stage on WRCA, We are only just starting getting good numbers at our events.

My ideas:-

Electrics run 3 legged A finals (more value for money)
Free entry to junior WRCA club members as long as they are with a parent who is paying full rate.
GNR to run seperate electric and nitro event due to damage causted but big nasty nito cars to the grass track.
2nd class to be half price!

I still do believe that £10 is a fair rate for a days racing..
no-one person benifits from this money. the money only goes on developing and improving local clubs in Wales.
Old 20-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I know what a bad boy I am

Some good suggestions there Stevey boy

At the end of the day I think the only thing the majority of us want is to improve and increase the racing in Wales
Old 20-06-2010

I think were all roughly on the same page with similar ideas... i have a feeling the next WRCA AGM might well be better supported by us electric's...

I do like Steve suggestion of 3 leg finals - but this would probably only work if it was an electric only regional, trying to fit all that in with the Nitros as well would mean something like a 7am start... and i dont do mornings

But if we could get numbers back up to run just electric regionals, i think that might be a corker of a thing to do and feasable timewise and give people more track time

Athough i do know the entry dosh only goes towards the clubs and the benefit of us all, you do have to have percieved value-for-money these days - and possibly the ideas above would give the added incentive to attend & race But as the format is atm, i still say a tenner is too much for each class.

Ohhh this could be a good AGM coming up later in the year...
Old 20-06-2010

Ive just been on Scotlands section here on o0ple and found what they are running...

Booking-in between 8.30-9.30
Practice between 9.00-10.00
Heat 1 on the line for 10.15

4 rounds with "Round by Round" qualifying
3 finals with 2 to count

2WD will run first with a gap then the 4WD heats, aiming for an hour per round.

8 car finals

If the day needs shortened due to weather etc we will drop number of finals, still two to count.

Hmmm 3-leg finals... if Scotland can do it then so should we...

Old 21-06-2010

See I'm not just a racing god!!!
somtimes I talk sense...
Old 21-06-2010

Only sometimes, Steve
Old 21-06-2010

4 heats and 3 finals sounds bloody good to me. very happy paying a tenner for that. got my vote all the way.
Old 21-06-2010

Great idea on seperating electric and nitros, but exactly how many clubs in Wales are electric only clubs.

If I remember rightly its 2, Caldicot and Cobra.

So the remaining clubs would have to agree to take 2 days out of their calender to run 2 seperate events. And like I said before Talywain will be very busy next year and wether we would be able to do that I dont know.

Maybe we would have to choose either electric or nitro event.
Old 21-06-2010
Mad Member

Yep, I realised this yesterday when I was posting...electric and nitro are still going to have to work together on the calender side of things as we are very much reliant on the combined tracks for venues at the moment.

One thought did occur to me though, would making them separate days make it easier to schedule? Each event is then only avoiding other events of the same class rather the combined regional having to avoid clashing with 2 classes worth of calenders?
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs