Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 16-09-2008
Administrator

Default Team Xtreme X11 review - Now in Germany!

A busy day on oOple.com - with two race reports already we now have the Team Xtreme X11 review translated to German by the ultimately talented Kai Gräser.

Thanks to Kai for his hard work and dedication to bring this report by Stu Evans to a wider audience. It can't be easy to understand the ramblings of Mr.Evans even on a good day - so to translate the great man to his German form is a work of genius. Danke Kai, der junge springt!

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewxtremex11de/

Last edited by jimmy; 16-09-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 17-09-2008
BANNED

Please can a third party German speaker confirm that this in fact a genuine translation, and not a possibly well informed german dude just saying I have major retardations?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.

Last edited by Stu; 17-09-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 17-09-2008

I read through most of it while waiting for my harddrive to defrag. ...and I have to say it is indeed a very genuine translation! The serious review parts of it as well as the random crazyness parts! So to the mighty translator and everyone involved in the original review!

Greetings from Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Old 17-09-2008
BANNED

Awesome.
We have a couple of German lads at work who deal with sales into Germany and some of Eastern Europe - they are quite serious about stuff and often don't understand my jokes - but then most of the local lads think I'm stupid also.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 18-09-2008

Well I had my doubts when it came to the smell of the manual, but as long as you didn't eat it...

cheers
Kai
Old 18-09-2008
BANNED

No way man - honestly do you not have a sniff of new stuff when you get it? It always smells new, it's ace.

Some folk buy new cars (real cars) every year just for the smell.
Old 19-09-2008

Of course I do ! ever tried a freshly opened NIB shrinkwrapped Sand Scorcher?
Old 19-09-2008
Administrator

i took several lung fulls when i opened my shrink wrapped jrx2 a couple of years ago. you could literally smell gil losi jr's sweat - must have been a hot day, it was ace.
Old 19-09-2008

guys, please step away from the boxed toys! ...the real pleasure lies within the smell of new books and magazines! ...honestly, I love that smell! ...I think this thread somehow transforms into a general madness-orgy!
Old 19-09-2008
BANNED

I'm with you on that. It's the ink.

New paperback books are rubbish - but old ones, well - thats another matter. The older they are the better they smell - the best being ones those that cost 20p from the second had book shop, and have not been read for 20 years - that is a fact, you can smell the actual words.
Old 19-09-2008

Well, there are two kinds of nice book smells. Brand new books, not the paperback versions, the hardcover books with the shiny high quality paper (photobooks for example). ...and of course the old ones, preferably locked away, forgotten about for decades and recently rediscovered. These books tell a story with their composition of aroma and general condition. Similar to an unrestored classic car. I could go on and on about books, their smell, condition, maybe the story behind the previous owner....books are one of the most valueable things in our world. Those great reviews should be printed !

...another nice one are dvds the moment they come out of the shrinkwrap