Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mendip RC Raceway

Old 18-03-2014

Default Club rounds and regional rounds

Hello

As we are nearly starting the 2014 summer club championship I have a question regarding scoring

Say for instance I enter a 4wd regional round at Mendip and the club puts on a supporting 2wd race, do the 2wd results / points go to the overall 2wd club championship or is it run as a non points scoring support race.

I guess everyone can see where I am coming from with this, by entering a regional round I miss out on scoring points in the club championship be it two or four wheel drive class.

regards

Neale
Old 18-03-2014
Mad Member

The non regional heats on regional days do count towards the club competition yes! So it is a choice on the day.

This has a variety of effects in the scores, and is all part of the fun I'd say
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 19-03-2014

Its all about the number of rounds to count anyway which is normaly six. So if you do a 4wd regional that day and dont race in the clubmans 2wd its only one of your rounds to drop so no big loss. Not everyone wants to score in the BRCA rounds so we need to keep it competative for those racers as well.

Also to clarify BRCA points scoring does not count in Clubmans championship.
Old 19-03-2014

hello

Sorry guys but I think that is a poor reply, not just because I do not agree, it separates the regional and clubman

I thought that the regional rounds were to be a step up the ladder, so were to be run in addition to the regular club meetings, giving the club drivers a chance to mix it with the regional / national drivers, and if you did not what to enter the regional you could still go racing just for a day out and to watch the quick regular regional drivers.

The way you have it means that why bother to do a regional if it looses you a chance to score points towards you own club championship, dropping rounds or not, so instead of club and national / regional drivers mixing together, it separates them into the club driver intent on doing his club championship and the national / regional driver that only is interested in the national / regional meetings.

This is exactly what is killing the on road and club scene, national drivers only doing nationals, some national drivers I know do not even bother to join a club, so never put anything back

Hummm have to have a think which do I want to do this year, club, regional.if I am alone in this then I will shut up and go along with the consensus.
Old 19-03-2014

I have no idea what the argument is about, the club championship is just for pure fun and enjoyment. and the championship is best 6 out of 12 with gives loads of opportunities to score points. If your that worried about the fine print, might i suggest your taking it a tad too seriously!

I dont think anybody who chose to run the regional instead of the club would lose any sleep about only having a 6 of 11 chances to score points.

Tom
TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR 22 5.0 AC Elite,

Kindly Supported by Trackside Spares, TLR, Spektrum and Horizon Hobby
Old 19-03-2014

Neale,

A lot of it comes down to two things. You have to have BRCA sanctioned motors and lipos to race at regionals, this has always been the case but from 2014 this rule is being enforced. There are a lot of people who have invested in non BRCA approved lipos and motors for example Hobbyking who are not interested in buying new electronics and are not bothered about scoring BRCA points.

With those two points in mind we are actually creating more racing as we are running the Clubmans series along side the BRCA events at Mendip so the non approved racers can still race and accrue points towards the Clubmans Championship. If we did not do this these non approved racers would not be able to race and therefore forcing a smaller turn out on race days which is no good for the membership or the club.

On regional days you have to make the choice but in the grand scale of things if you choose to race for BRCA points you would only be dropping two sets of points from the Clubmans Championship, you only need six to count.

As it happens at the first BRCA 4wd round at Mendip two weeks ago we had an extra heat of 4wd Clubmans due to the approved only equipment rule so better for those racers and the club turnout.

On a side note, in the past many racers have only raced for BRCA points at their own club. The points those one time racers achieved may have robbed someone who raced all the BRCA rounds of a valuable point that may have made them miss out on getting an F2, F3 etc so for the committed BRCA racers this is a better system for them to achieve better F grading.

Hope this clarifies things behind the general consensus of opinion.
Old 19-03-2014
Mad Member

I had a longer reply, but Tom and Paul have beaten me to it...so the short version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
it separates the regional and clubman
That's exactly why it is done!

Otherwise the mixed races skew all the results for both competitions.

EDIT: Also...we do it just like other clubs do...so we are not alone!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 19-03-2014

Paul, Andy, Drfly

Thanks for setting it all out and the back ground to it and why it is done like it is, guess I am a little too passionate sometimes, but when you care about something.

regards

Neale
Old 19-03-2014

Old 19-03-2014

Old 20-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
hello

Sorry guys but I think that is a poor reply, not just because I do not agree, it separates the regional and clubman

I thought that the regional rounds were to be a step up the ladder, so were to be run in addition to the regular club meetings, giving the club drivers a chance to mix it with the regional / national drivers, and if you did not what to enter the regional you could still go racing just for a day out and to watch the quick regular regional drivers.

The way you have it means that why bother to do a regional if it looses you a chance to score points towards you own club championship, dropping rounds or not, so instead of club and national / regional drivers mixing together, it separates them into the club driver intent on doing his club championship and the national / regional driver that only is interested in the national / regional meetings.

This is exactly what is killing the on road and club scene, national drivers only doing nationals, some national drivers I know do not even bother to join a club, so never put anything back

Hummm have to have a think which do I want to do this year, club, regional.if I am alone in this then I will shut up and go along with the consensus.
Neal, you are weird

Does it really matter? When there's only 6 rounds to count from a massive 12 then it's not really a problem is it. You may not score as well in the club championship at the regional event but there's plenty of room for drop scores isn't there...

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 20-03-2014

OK guys, lets draw a line under this.

Everyone now understands the rules......lets go RACING!!!
Old 20-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPaul View Post
OK guys, lets draw a line under this.

Everyone now understands the rules......lets go RACING!!!