Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by x313 View Post
So scoring points isn't really that big a deal if its just toy cars...

Rules are rules.. If you don't join you don't race...
or in this case he didnt join and did race!
Old 19-07-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReferee View Post
as the euro's are on at the moment the person who will make the final decision is in spain. however the fact you raced without membership will not necessarily mean you lose the points already gained, there may be a genuine reason why you did not renew, which may be taken into consideration.
although the decision to null and void your points may go against you it has ramifications on those still in any championships, if your points are removed does everyone move up? the person qualifying B1 to your A10 has been deprived of the possibility of finishing A1!. equally the whole regions F gradings will be affected.
i suggest you race as you are a member, something which can be checked online, then contact your regional rep and the chairman to discuss your case.

As you seem to be a BRCA 10th off road official, are you saying it was OK for him to race at a regional as a non BRCA member? Which is totally against the wording of the rules? Surely it says you must be a member to race, if your not a member, and get to race without BRCA insurance etc, its then OK to score points which you can claim later? Is the correct route to remove non member adjust members points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodchris View Post
The way that I understand it is that if you do not have a BRCA card then you should not be allowed to race at any BRCA registered club untill you are in receipt of your card let alone race at a Regional event.
I have posted rules, show card or proof of membership.
Old 19-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yin View Post
Toy Cars....
Which can cause injury and being a BRCA member covers you and the organisers.
Old 19-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
As you seem to be a BRCA 10th off road official, are you saying it was OK for him to race at a regional as a non BRCA member? Which is totally against the wording of the rules? Surely it says you must be a member to race, if your not a member, and get to race without BRCA insurance etc, its then OK to score points which you can claim later? Is the correct route to remove non member adjust members points?

I have posted rules, show card or proof of membership.
Can't believe I've just read that, must be the beer glasses pmsl.
Old 20-07-2013

To be honest I thought I was covered by my membership to my local club...I don't know if this is a valid reason or not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReferee View Post
as the euro's are on at the moment the person who will make the final decision is in spain. however the fact you raced without membership will not necessarily mean you lose the points already gained, there may be a genuine reason why you did not renew, which may be taken into consideration.
although the decision to null and void your points may go against you it has ramifications on those still in any championships, if your points are removed does everyone move up? the person qualifying B1 to your A10 has been deprived of the possibility of finishing A1!. equally the whole regions F gradings will be affected.
i suggest you race as you are a member, something which can be checked online, then contact your regional rep and the chairman to discuss your case.
Old 20-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pickard View Post
To be honest I thought I was covered by my membership to my local club...I don't know if this is a valid reason or not though.

Which club was that Dan ? Also I think you have been racing long enough to know that is not the case!
Old 20-07-2013

Worm...
Old 20-07-2013
Mad Member

WORM Club member yes, that gets you reduced race fee's and any time practice on the track, but BRCA membership is separate to that. We'd need to give you another form and to take more money from you for that to be included.

BRCA membership was not discussed when you joined the club, as if memory serves me correctly, you joined the club a few months after BRCA renewals were done, and you'd raced a few times already this year before that point too!

lol....can open... "worms" everywhere!!!! Get it? WORM's everywhere? Sorry...that was bad
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 20-07-2013

Quote:
lol....can open... "worms" everywhere!!!! Get it? WORM's everywhere? Sorry...that was bad
Its far too early for that kind of pun, you should be ashamed of yourself! now go sit on the naughty step
Old 20-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Fly View Post
Its far too early for that kind of pun, you should be ashamed of yourself! now go sit on the naughty step
I thought it was rather good!, obvious, but good
Old 20-07-2013
Mad Member

It tickled my hunour as well Niel!!!!!!!!
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 20-07-2013

I find it hard to understand how a racer could miss registering with brca,you get a reminder posted when renawals are due,or asked at your local club when their memberships are due,so you get their discount.
On top of that,you need to put our brca number on the pre-booking forms for any brca event,at least in our mid-east region anyway.
Would be interesting to know your placings in the previous 2 rounds you did.
Old 20-07-2013
Mad Member

It was mentioned earlier in tthe post i believe mid A final so a good chance of an F2 at the end of the series then?
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 20-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

at the start of this year a very well know racer (but not in 10th off road) won the first national of the year.....with no brca membership needless to say the problem was delt with on the day, but he had just forgotton to do his membership for this year! so anyone can forget

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 20-07-2013

Isnt that double standards then? That someone can keep points from a national BRCA even without a license, but someone else cannot keep points from a regional event without a license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
at the start of this year a very well know racer (but not in 10th off road) won the first national of the year.....with no brca membership needless to say the problem was delt with on the day, but he had just forgotton to do his membership for this year! so anyone can forget
Old 20-07-2013

Quote:
Isnt that double standards then? That someone can keep points from a national BRCA even without a license, but someone else cannot keep points from a regional event without a license?
Totally different , it clearly states it was dealt with on the day, not the third race meeting as your case......
Old 20-07-2013

How is it different? He raced without a licence for the whole day therefore had no insurance for the whole day. You cannot phone up direct line after a car crash to insure yourself after the event can you Mark? The timing of when you have the insureance after the event is a mute point, if the event has already occurred.
Old 20-07-2013

Dan how many years have you been racing toy cars? Every year you have to join the BRCA end of story.. You know about the insurance,you know you may be asked to produce your membership card at any time,why did you not join? After all it's hardly an oversight is it in July.
Old 20-07-2013

Quote:
How is it different? He raced without a licence for the whole day therefore had no insurance for the whole day. You cannot phone up direct line after a car crash to insure yourself after the event can you Mark? The timing of when you have the insureance after the event is a mute point, if the event has already occurred.
How do you know what time in the day he joined?
Old 20-07-2013

Brian, the question of why I forgot to join at the beginning of the season is neither here nor there at this point...there are many questions we can ask why to but we may never know the answer - for example why does the universe exist? But in the interest of fairness and consistency I am more interested in knowing how it is possible for one person to keep the points from a meeting when he didn't have a license (and therefore insurance) at the time of racing and another person cannot. If you can shed light on that question I would be very keen to know.

If the southwest regional were run like (by all accounts) the other regional in the country I could have actually subscribed to the BRCA on the morning of the first even even before going on the track using my phone and this issue would not have occurred - and that is not a criticism to those who make the effort to help organize it - it is merely an observation.
Closed Thread