Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 12-12-2012

Default Which car to choose

Hi there

I've been out of the scene for over 20 years now but would love to get back in, I used to race 1/10th off road 2wd and 4wd buggies at Worksop in the 80s

I now live in Cinderford and am the wrong side of 35 so looking for something to rekindle my youth

I'm looking at purchasing a RTR Micro either Carisma GT14B or Losi Mini 8ight

What would people suggest is the best for use at CRCCC the Mini 8ight or the GT14B Brushless?
Old 12-12-2012
Mad Member

Hi there,

Well we run all the main electric offroad classes, and micro's are included in that.

Both the cars you've mentioned would be fine as both are regulars at Caldicot. I run a Carisma, so that would get my vote! But the Losi is also well supported and goes well, so I'm sure others would sing it's praises too.

The shop that attends pretty much every week also stocks both cars and their respective parts, so your good either way there too.

I'd say the Carisma is marginally better supported in terms of other racers...and there are team drivers at Caldicot who can help with setup advice for example, Craig is your man there!

Before you spend any money we'd always suggest coming along and having a look at things first. You'll be able to see both cars running and chat to others about it...which will always help you out.

Anyone is welcome to come along and watch, so feel free to pop down any Friday you like, we're always there

10th is still very much going strong too, and there's a huge array of cars out there these days to choose from...so just be careful...the dark is strong, I know...I'm the wrong side of 35 too!!!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 12-12-2012

thanks for the reply

I'll try to get down next week would be great to see what works and what doesn't!!

How many heats to run for each class?

And does everyone get a final?

Thanks again
Old 12-12-2012

WOW just had a look at the video of Craig Harris from the UK champs lat year, they really do shift!!

Hope to see you soon
Old 12-12-2012
Mad Member

On Friday nights we usually have 5 or 6 heats of races, mixed between 2wd, 4wd and micro's, numbers for each vary a bit each week, 2wd are most popular, followed by micros then 4wd's

We usually fit in a minimum of 3 qualifiers and finals for everyone, though some weeks we squeeze in either an extra round of qually, or longer finals.

Doors are normally open by 6:30pm, and we try to get racing by 7:30pm, and last race always finishes by 11pm.

And yes....they do shift, it's nothing like brushes and NiCD's!!!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs