Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > WORM - Weston-Super-Mare

Old 06-05-2012
Mad Member

Default First race...video's, pics and feedback wanted!

Hi all,

I big thankyou to everyone who came along on Saturday...hopefully you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

And an even bigger thankyou to everyone and anyone who helped out getting us ready for it as well...you know who you are and we literally couldn't have done it without you

Much hard work already done...and a fair bit more to follow too...next meeting is Sat 9th June, and we will have made more progress on the track by then with new features and hopefully a little more astro as well...before our BIG delivery of astro is available in July...fingers crossed anyway!!!

I only got one video from the day...it's now online at our new YouTube channel...where we will add any other vids we make along the way too!

The video shows Huw Jenkins (Team Wales) keeping Dan Harding (Team England) honest...and at bay in the end...in the 4wd final Not that we'll be tracking 'team' performance in the future...

If anyone else has any pics or vids from the day we'd love to see them...get in touch or post them up somewhere if you can

I only had chance to video the 4wd final as I raced in the better attended 2wd class.

For those who didn't attend, just to give you an idea, we had over 30 entries for the day which was above our expectations for a first event...2 full heats of 2wd's running (and possibly a 3rd heat as well...but my memory seems to be failing me a little there so I'm not sure!), 1 heat of 4wd's, 1 heat of trucks and 1 heat of micros. And we managed to fit in open practice, 5 rounds of round by round qualifiers and finals...so lots of top fun racing to be had

The track stood up ok throughout the the day, but did change and get a little slower...started out slippery/drifty and flat...loads of fun...as the day went on some of the gravel/dirt areas cut in and rutted up a bit...making it rough and a little tricky...but still loads of fun! We'll work on that before the next race... reflattening it, and covering some of the worst areas I suspect.

The cafe did a good trade serving hot food and drinks all day and where more than happy that it was worth their effort opening. And the trackside shop, South West RC, also said they did good bit of trade too, so thanks to Rob for doing that on his own all day without a car to race!!!

If anyone has any feedback at all, good or bad, now is the perfect time...we know it wasn't perfect, but anything you spotted or ideas you thought of would be gratefully received and considered so we can improve things for next time and the future generally!

Thanks again, look forward to seeing you and maybe a few more faces next time
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 07-05-2012

Is it only saturdays you plan to hold meetings on ?
Old 07-05-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Looks superb, congratulations to all who planned and made the club happen.

Alas we found modern fast cars and tyres do not make the grass and mud last very well, hence we're now astro. The work involved moving the track to find fesh grass was endless, couple with raking, smoothing and flatenning was hard graft. Good luck guys, credit to you all.
Old 07-05-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Love that! Looks so much fun
Old 07-05-2012

Had a top day loved the track. so much fun all day food was spot on has well. has this Was the first one the next ones going to be even better if that is posable.loved the dirt section of the track added some real rally cross fell well done boys see u next time.
Old 07-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newberyclan View Post
Is it only saturdays you plan to hold meetings on ?
Not long term...it is just easier for now with busy race calendars already set for this year. Any meetings we run this summer will be arranged a bit ad hoc to fit in whenever we can, so could be Saturdays, Sunday's or maybe even evenings if it worked out.

Ultimately we'll talk to the other local clubs, mainly just Tiverton, but possibly Talywain and COBRA too as they are actually quite nearby, and plan club days to work with them, so next summer will be better organised!

And Griff...certainly was...can't wait to get back out on it!!
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 07-05-2012

Ok thanks for letting me know i will try my best to get up sometime it looks great .
Old 07-05-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
Hi all,

I big thankyou to everyone who came along on Saturday...hopefully you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

And an even bigger thankyou to everyone and anyone who helped out getting us ready for it as well...you know who you are and we literally couldn't have done it without you

For those who didn't attend, just to give you an idea, we had over 30 entries for the day which was above our expectations for a first event...2 full heats of 2wd's running (and possibly a 3rd heat as well...but my memory seems to be failing me a little there so I'm not sure!), 1 heat of 4wd's, 1 heat of trucks and 1 heat of micros. And we managed to fit in open practice, 5 rounds of round by round qualifiers and finals...so lots of top fun racing to be had
It was 2 full heats of 2wd Andy. If anybody else had turned up we`d of had 3 then. But it was 2 x 2wd, 1 x 4wd , 1 x trucks and 1 micro. Did a total of 5 heats and 1 final plus free track time before and after the meet. I`m sure we`ll have more next time
Old 08-05-2012

that track looks superb. drifting the 4wd's on the dirt must have been extremely satisfying!
Old 09-05-2012
Mad Member

Another video...this time Dan's quick GoPro vid...

Top job Dan...can't wait to see more vids like that in the future
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 09-05-2012

Top job Dan, really like my colour scheme always seems to stand out well or is that just because I know it's mine
It was an ace day, a credit to all involved that made it happen, roll on the next one.
Old 10-05-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by danharding View Post
Top job Dan, really like my colour scheme always seems to stand out well or is that just because I know it's mine
It was an ace day, a credit to all involved that made it happen, roll on the next one.
That vid make the XXXMain ones look a bit rubbish i think, Top work Dan
Old 10-05-2012
Mad Member

Glad you all like Your shell certainly crops up in that video a few times Dan!

I can't edit them as much as I'd like to as my macbook is too shite but ah well! More to come next time

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West