Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 14-07-2012

Default AKX2 Thresher Available 18/07/12!

The AKX2 kits will be available on 18th July 2012!

RRP is £175 and all the details are available on our website - http://www.akularacing.co.uk/portfolio/akx2-thresher/

Kits will be available direct from ourselves - to place an order click here - but also from our retail stockists (for details of these please click here)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _dsc5519resized.jpg (49.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg _dsc5522resized.jpg (51.8 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg _dsc5523resized.jpg (57.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg _dsc5533resized.jpg (60.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg _dsc5540resized.jpg (60.0 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg _dsc5550resized.jpg (60.4 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg _dsc5551resized.jpg (61.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg _dsc5553resized.jpg (62.5 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg _dsc5560resized.jpg (51.0 KB, 123 views)
Old 14-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

so the kit is £175 for essentially an alloy chassis and alloy pivot blocks? It still uses the kit gearbox etc?
Think i'll be sticking with the standard chassis i'm afraid.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 14-07-2012
Mad Member

Good job Tom, getting this sorted days after just becoming a Dad too

Yep £175 is a bargain for what you get really. What's wrong with the kit gearbox? Nothing. Best £175 you will spend
Old 14-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

nothing wrong with the kit gearbox at all, nothing wrong with the whole car for that matter. One of the easiest 2wds to drive. I was just trying to figure out what was included for a price far higher than the original car. £175 for a chassis and pivot blocks seems a bit OTT to me, especially when the Ansmann brand is already pitched at the more budget end of the market.
I just don't get the fad for spending £200 on conversion kits for cars that are already perfectly decent.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 14-07-2012
Mad Member

You don't have to buy the convertion it's your choice, but when it makes the car better, stronger, more reposonsive it's defiantly worth the money.

The only reason people say its expensive is because the base car is so cheap, to me that's a good reason to do the convertion as your getting a better car for less money than you would spend on other mid convertions for other cars.
Old 14-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It looks great and looked fast on track.

As a total package (inc donor car) is a cheap fast car, if you want to talk expensive there are a other options out there!

www.rccarshop.co.uk

Last edited by MHeadling; 14-07-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 15-07-2012

The price of the convesion is OTT, if it was around 100 then it will be inline with more the other cars out there which dont need a conversion.
Then that brings you to the option of why not buy a car which dont need a 170 hot up option package.
Old 15-07-2012
Mad Member

The convertion is cheaper than most of the other mid motor convert ions out there, as i have previously said if you think its too much dont buy it.

with the convertion and a kit you are looking at £315

C4.1 £365
DB1 £400+ (Using 2nd hand donor cars)
Vega 201 £340

Old 15-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i think the point is the other conversions include a lot more such as machined gearboxes etc.
this is essentially an alloy plate bent at one end and some pivot blocks.
I think £175 is way too high. You can buy a whole kit and a few upgrade parts for less.

But as i said previously, i don't see the point in converting already capable cars with expensive conversions. There are enough cars out there that are competitive out of the box.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 15-07-2012
Mad Member

What's wrong with the price? Your judging it against a cheap car when you need to against the other convertions. You also have to think Akula isn't a 'big' (in terms of who else does convertions) company so wouldn't be knocking out convertions or have the means of reducing the price by buying in bulk.

Yes the standard car is very capable but this removes all the problems the standard car has, front kick up breaking etc. but more importantly it makes the car better. IF your happy with the standards car, great, I was, just got fed up of breaking kick ups. Why I asked Tom to produce the chassis

You get, chassis, machined pivot blocks, body, Undertray, carbon side pods, bearing holder, all the hardware, aerial mount plus more. Don't think any other convertion comes will EVERYTHING you need.

Simple answer is you pay your money and take your choice, don't knock things that people are trying to make better.
Old 15-07-2012

The kit does work on the track,
So well worth considering it makes the std car more stable,

Congrats on the new arrival Tom
Vintage..... FTD Hotshot, Supershot, SWB cat, Procat, Bosscat, Cougar 2, Cat2000, cat3000, rc10 worlds, rc10 Graphite, yz10, xx4, cougar 2000 fabix, PB Maxima, mini mustang, Bigwig, Frog, and counting...
Penguin Custom Bodyshells Team xray
Old 15-07-2012

Ok, I think there are a few things that need putting to bed here.

First, there is nothing 'wrong' with the X2C, it is a very good, capable car.

Second, can it be improved? Answer, yes - and the AKX2 kit does make it better, every single person who has tried it thinks the car is easier to drive and faster with the kit on.

Thirdly, do you have to go out and buy this to make the car work? No, if you're happy with the car as it is that is great. We're not trying to force anyone to buy the kit, we simply feel that it works, makes the car better and that some people might be interested in doing that.

If everyone thought 'the standard xxx is fine, why would I want to improve it?' we'd still be living in caves dressed in dead animal skins. What was wrong with the B4 - that was winning BRCA Nationals not too long ago, why improve that?

As for the cost, that is how much it costs to make and sell with enough of a margin for us to break even on a production run when you factor in the development costs. We've done a lot of development work on this. Over the past 6 months we've had four prototypes made to test the original design concept and chassis materials. We've revised the design 5 times for the chassis, and each time we've had to produce one-off parts to actually test it's performance. All of this adds cost, not just the production cost of the parts themselves. Development is an extremely expensive process.

At the end of the day if you don't want to buy the kit then don't buy it - but please don't rubbish the efforts of those who have helped make this happen. We've put a lot of time effort into this, and when you compare the cost of a complete car with this kit against the cost of any other mid motor conversion available in the UK we feel it is very competitive. If you don't agree then fine, but please don't rubbish something if you've not tried it.
Old 15-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUpton View Post
The convertion is cheaper than most of the other mid motor convert ions out there, as i have previously said if you think its too much dont buy it.

with the convertion and a kit you are looking at £315

C4.1 £365
DB1 £400+ (Using 2nd hand donor cars)
Vega 201 £340
I think some people's issues with the price is because it isn't really a 'conversion', if you already own a B4.1, RB5 etc you'd buy a Vega, C4.1 kit & for your money you'd end up with a mid converted car (chassis, g/box housing included). With this you are in effect getting an alloy chassis for an already mid car... for £170. If you're going to add original car cost plus conversion cost then could buy a quality mid buggy ie, SV2, DEX210 & save £150 or so.

Agreed, it's not for everyone but, if it's on a forum you're gonna get differing opinions whatever

For me it doesn't offer value for money but thats just my own opinion, it does look a sorted piece of kit, i hope you sell loads

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 16-07-2012

hi there could you use a mad monkey as a doner car? due to having a couple with bearings and ae shocks
Old 16-07-2012

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

The mad monkey would be an ideal donar car
Old 16-07-2012

Absolutely no reason why the Mad Monkey wouldn't work, if you've got some with decent shocks it would be ideal.
Old 16-07-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

99% sure you can use the mad monkey, but one of the akula guys will confirm... If you use a mad monkey for £60 makes it cheap and cheerful, you'll need shocks £20-£30 and a set of bearing for £10...

At the end of all that you have a top class 2wd... Plus you get to be a little different! I want one, just need to save up

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 16-07-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by university_dave View Post
Absolutely no reason why the Mad Monkey wouldn't work, if you've got some with decent shocks it would be ideal.
Beat m to it

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 16-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by university_dave View Post

If everyone thought 'the standard xxx is fine, why would I want to improve it?' we'd still be living in caves dressed in dead animal skins.

Thats just not true. They didnt have rc cars in cave man times.
rb5, Mission, F109, F103, F104v2 titanium, F104v2 black, 2 FF01s, FF03, TA02, TA04ss, TA04r, TA05, TT01, TL01, trf 415, M01, M02, 2 M03s, M04, M05, M06, XEVO, DB01, T2R Pro, TC3, b3, SC10, RC10 R5, E Revo, MR4 TC, MR4 TC worlds, MR4 BC SP, Ym34, xxx-t, Mad Rat, Predator DTM, Holiday Buggy (red), H.B (blue), dt03.
Old 16-07-2012

the team c cars are super easy to drive but plastic quality is pretty bad. The gearbox fit is better on all other competition car. So you will end up with a super expensive car with some super cool parts but still have all the "bad parts" nobody wants on a car like this.
I can understand why it is that expensive and it is impossible to match the team C prices but looking at a Vega where you get a milled chassis and a milled gearbox for the same price and still have better quality parts from Asso or Kyosho that is just way better it s an easy choice.
But if you have to use Team C cars this should be a great option!