Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 14-08-2012

Default Losi 8 eu or Durango

As the title says, which one to get ??? Or any other cars recommended?
Old 14-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonIsaac View Post
As the title says, which one to get ??? Or any other cars recommended?
In my opinion I would say the xray xb9 is the car to get. I went through the same 'which car' issue when I bought a nitro at the start of the year and having spoken to many people and read endless reviews and opinions I settled for the xray. I have never driven the others you mention so have nothing to draw personal comparisons with, but I do know that the xb9 is a fantastic car and if you are a good enough driver then the car is good enough for you to win with at the highest level. The attention to detail that went into the car is amazing, as is the build quality. There is an article on the xray site if you are still able to find it where Hudy talks through the design and testing process for the new shell. When you read it it illustrates just how much thought goes into every last aspect of the design to maximise performance. The shell may not be the prettiest on the grid, but it was never meant to be. It's all about performance and having spoken to a few xray team drivers then it appears that they have nailed it as they all agree that the xb9 puts the old 808 to shame, and the 808 was never a bad car...

All that said, there are no bad cara amongst the big name manufacturers so whether you end up with an xray, a Losi, Durango, Mugen, agama, Kyosho, Hong Nor or AE then none of them will be a bad car.

Maybe consider where you are going to race and what is commonly used at your local track. If you happen to race in the south east of England then Agama have unbeatable trackside support. If you are based more in the midlands then there is a nucleus of xray team drivers in the area who regularly race at all of the tracks in the area, as well as having Greg who runs RC Disco which is the most comprehensive place to get all your xray spares. Greg is also incredibly friendly and will talk to you all day long on the phone if you need help and advice.
Old 15-08-2012

Mugen MBX6R EU, easiest car to setup and drive by far. Very durable, spares are easy to get hold of, works on both dirt and astro with very little changes to setup!
Old 15-08-2012

Losi everytime mate, there is no real comparisson in my eyes. I have owned quite a few 1/8's over the last few years and evertime I tried another chassis, after about 3 months I always went back to a Losi, and I am not on my own there either....

The Durango is gorgeous to look at and looks awesome on the track, but can be a pig to work on and maintain, whereas the Losi can be stripped, cleaned and rebuilt in a matter of a few hours. Losi's also get better with age and seem to perform better once the 'slop' has kicked in.

The EU is a much better car for the UK than the standard 2.0 and will be a more rewarding drive and own than the Durango, but having said that, the 408 was one of the few cars that I didnt own, so I cant speak for experience.

Other things to take into consideration is how many Losi's will be at your local tracks compared to the Durango's? This is a major factor when looking for support, set up help and of course spares if needed....

Yes there are other chassis like the Mugen (pricey), MP9 (even more pricey), Hobao, GX, Agama etc. but if you want consistency on the track go for Losi everytime
Old 15-08-2012

Default what car??

There are many cars, best recommendation is to go to your local club and see what everyone is running...

Team Associated should be on the list as well... And yes that is what i run but local track and local shop should give you a clue see what they stock its always the best plan...
Old 22-08-2012

XB9.
If i could afford one i would have one
Old 22-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-S View Post
Mugen MBX6R EU, easiest car to setup and drive by far. Very durable, spares are easy to get hold of, works on both dirt and astro with very little changes to setup!

+1

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE