Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 29-09-2006

Send a message via AIM to notlawnomis Send a message via MSN to notlawnomis Send a message via Yahoo to notlawnomis
Default B4 Indoor set up (Teesside)

Hello,

Does anyone have a rough indoor setup for a B4, preferably Teesside if possible, going their tomorrow night and want to have a half decent starting point!!

cheers
simon
Old 29-09-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Certainly do

Front:-
Shocks - Blue spring, No2 piston, 40w AE oil, middle on tower. outer on wishbone.
Camber link - 1A, no washers under inner ballstud.
30 degree caster, In-line axles, hub spacing up, 1 bumpsteer washer.

Rear:-
Shocks - Blue spring, No1 piston, 35w AE oil, inner on tower. outer on wishbone.
Camber link - 2C, no washers under inner ballstud.
3 degrees antisquat, long wheelebase.

Cells to the front and full minipins all round

If there's too much steering for you drop to a silver rear spring.
Old 29-09-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Is this a set up for other tracks too rich? or do you have others for say batley york etc?

how do the blue rear springs effect the car? ill be club racing at formby high, and it's 100% carpet, would the blue springs benefit me?
Old 29-09-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thats pretty much how I always run the car indoors, although I normally start with a silver rear spring and the rear shocks in the middle on the tower. The blue spring is specifically for the super grippy carpet at Teeside it tends to give you understeer and grip-roll, the stiffer rear gets around both problems
Old 05-10-2006

Send a message via AIM to notlawnomis Send a message via MSN to notlawnomis Send a message via Yahoo to notlawnomis

Thanks for the set up . I tried it on Saturday and then again on Wednesday, ended up with silvers on the rear and was also running worn yellow mini spikes, left over from the outdoor season. Are the minipins much better, what do they offer, and how do they wear compared to the minispikes. I really don't fancy running new mini spikes in there once these ones have worn out!!

Simon
Old 05-10-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The car moves around less on pins, you'll have a bit less steering with pins all round too. Normally you get understeer on spikes and oversteer on pins, but Teeside seems to be the opposite for some reason.
You will defenately need the blue rear springs on pins, they will give you back the steering you lose going to pins and stop the rear suspention colapsing and making the car unstable.

I find the pins actually wear slower than spikes as you're not drifting about all the time.

You will have to be awake to drive the car on pins though, it should be well balanced but grip roll will be a problem on that evil green astro for the first couple of runs on the tires.
If you keep your head for the full 5 minutes though pins are worth half a second a lap easy

Last edited by Richard Lowe; 05-10-2006 at 08:30 PM. Reason: grammar again :p
Old 16-10-2006
Mad Member

Default new b4 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
Certainly do

Front:-
Shocks - Blue spring, No2 piston, 40w AE oil, middle on tower. outer on wishbone.
Camber link - 1A, no washers under inner ballstud.
30 degree caster, In-line axles, hub spacing up, 1 bumpsteer washer.

Rear:-
Shocks - Blue spring, No1 piston, 35w AE oil, inner on tower. outer on wishbone.
Camber link - 2C, no washers under inner ballstud.
3 degrees antisquat, long wheelebase.

Cells to the front and full minipins all round

If there's too much steering for you drop to a silver rear spring.
hi all just got myself a b4 this weekend to race the indoor regionals would this set up be good for durham ? one other thing not sure what motor to run either 19 turn stock a 12 double modified or lrp brushless with four star motor i think that would be abit stupid tho probably go with the 12 double anybody got a good starting point on what pinion to use for the 19 turn and the 12 double please

cheers paul
Old 19-10-2006
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
Thats pretty much how I always run the car indoors, although I normally start with a silver rear spring and the rear shocks in the middle on the tower. The blue spring is specifically for the super grippy carpet at Teeside it tends to give you understeer and grip-roll, the stiffer rear gets around both problems
The carpet at Durham is grippy as well if I remember right! Do you have a good selection of pinions cos thte one for a 19 will be much larger than the one for a 12...
Mine is probably wrong, but I use a 23tooth pinion on std spur with my 12x2
Old 19-10-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

use 23/24 pinion for a 19 turn.