Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 14-07-2008

Default how to build losi shocks

My shocks are squeking when compressed, how do you guys full them i cant seem to get them right......?????

Schumacher MI4 lp: Tekin rs pro speed passion V3 10.5
Old 14-07-2008
Mad Member

Fill with oil up to the beginning of the threads, Fully extend shock shaft so that the ball cup hits the cartridge and ease the piston into the oil. push the whole lot down gently until the you can screw the cartridge in. Do it slowly letting the excess oil out. Hand tighten the cartridge andpump the shock slowly once or twice. check the rebound. if you have too much compress the shock, let it rebound and then open the cartridge by about half a turn and press the shaft in. Tighten it all up using either the RPM tool or an 11mm key.

If it squeaks open it all up, wait for the bubbles to come out of the oil, refilla couple of drops and start over
Old 09-08-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

On Losi shocks, I have bought various parts to build some up, but looking at the XX4 and XX4 WE instructions online they show 2 different methods. When are the springs used (next to the piston) and when do you let the pistons float between the e clips, is it just down to the shock shaft, or is there some other trick?