Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 03-02-2015

Default Rear hanger faulty replacement

Xray have posted on their site the following info, there has been a lot of moaning over on RC Tech about this.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...c0cecae03556bf
Old 03-02-2015
Mad Member

I don't have setup station to check! How can you tell? Is it obvious by eye?
Old 03-02-2015

Default Blocks

Use a Vernier or callipers to measure the edge of the block to the edge of the plastic insert. It should be the same if it isn't (which for the faulty ones it is about 1mm different) then they are faulty.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2015
Mad Member

Thanks, been reading up and you can also take the wheels and shocks off so it sits flat and then put a ruler behind the rear pivot block and measure the distance to the wishbones each side as shown here.

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=18954

Had a quick look at mine and does look odd now, will need to measure... Not that impressed with the 2015 build quality so far.
Old 03-02-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Is this only a xb4 2015 thing?
Old 03-02-2015
Mad Member

May affect anyone using the +2 rear hangers as I understand it
Old 03-02-2015

It affects both the original std 2013 parts and the +2hangers so you need to check them. If they're out I assume there will be an exchange programme with the importor
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 06-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble34 View Post
Thanks, been reading up and you can also take the wheels and shocks off so it sits flat and then put a ruler behind the rear pivot block and measure the distance to the wishbones each side as shown here.

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=18954

Had a quick look at mine and does look odd now, will need to measure... Not that impressed with the 2015 build quality so far.
What is wrong with the build quality of the '15 XB4 so far (except for the possibility of the rear hanger being machined incorrectly and Xray stepping up and offering free replacements) ?

Bent
Old 06-02-2015

Info regarding the replacement program:

Quote:

Following the recent customer reports of incorrect rear toe-in, we have conducted additional inspections and measurements of the previously run batches of the rear aluminum suspension holder. We found that a certain batch used an incorrect CNC program and were not produced correctly. After assembly on the car, the left and right rear toe-in are not identical. We apologize for any troubles.

A replacement suspension holder will be provided FREE of charge. As we are currently out of stock, we put them into production today, but it may still take several days until we will be ready to ship them to the distributors around the world.

To identify if you have one of these incorrect suspension holders in your kit we kindly request XB4 owners to check their rear left and right toe-in while having the same eccentric bushings installed in the suspension holders. To check the toe-in use a HUDY Set-up System #108905.

If you find a toe-in difference, please contact your distributor who will arrange you a replacement or contact us at info@teamxray.com and please advise your address, SN and the store where the kit was purchased, we will forward you to your national distributor.

Meanwhile, until the corrected holder is available, the difference in the toe-in can be minimized by using the composite suspension holder insert with different eccentricity as needed to achieve the same toe-in.

Once again we apologize for any troubles and thank you for your ongoing support.
Bent
Old 06-02-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
What is wrong with the build quality of the '15 XB4 so far (except for the possibility of the rear hanger being machined incorrectly and Xray stepping up and offering free replacements) ?

Bent
I have found issues with binding in the diffs http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162418.
Old 06-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble34 View Post
I have found issues with binding in the diffs http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162418.
We had some inserts that where tight on the pre-production kits I built for Malin last year but changes to the tolerances where made and I haven't heard of any issues with this since.

Where they tight from assembly ?
Did you have grease or oil on them ?
Any chance they had run dry or had sand get in (if you run outside/astro/dirt) ?

We've been running these for the past 6 months now and have yet to have any issues but as with all plastics tolerances can sometimes be slightly off.

Bent
Old 06-02-2015
Mad Member

Honestly can't remember if they were tight at build, did use a little diff oil at the time though. Wouldn't expext to need to keep it oiled though, it felt like they had swelled with the oil. Just didn't feel like an XRay solution that's all, now I have reemed them out a bit they are fine
Old 12-03-2015

Default Replacements

I received the replacement hangers for my cars from RC Disco, just waiting on the +2 brass replacement from Xray.