Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 15-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default F1 appeal rules in Brawn's favour

Motorsport's governing body, the FIA, has ruled the Brawn GP car, which has taken Briton Jenson Button to two wins this season, is legal. A panel heard eight hours of strongly worded evidence on Tuesday after complaints that Brawn, Toyota and Williams, use an illegal diffuser.
And the five International Court of Appeal judges said the designs "comply with the applicable regulations".
All three teams are free to race in the Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai
full story on
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7996698.stm

that takes the wheels off ferrari,s season
Old 15-04-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

good news
Old 15-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Just been reading about this, excellent news.

I think its amazing that the FIA went against ferrari

To be honest though, Brawn were confident of this result because they consulted the FIA during the design stages of the car and it was all approved. It was the wording of the other teams queries which led to different answers from the FIA

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 15-04-2009

From reading that report it sounds like it got a bit 'heated' in there as well... oh well, all good fun... on to the next race!
Old 15-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I hope Brawn paint their diffuser bright lime green
Old 15-04-2009

yeh good on the fia and well done to brawn ,toyota and willams for developing a better car then rest its about time ferrari were playing catch up

XX4, XXX4 AND B44

supporting r/c in the midlands
Old 15-04-2009

The thing that isn't being covered by mainstream media is the fact that the FIA told Renault at least, in 2007 and 2008 that they couldn't use the loophole. Renault has sent several questions to Charlie Whitting some worded, some including technical drawings about options to make a double deck diffuser and each time they were told 'No'.
Then he flipped and allowed it this year. The incriminating thing to me is that as the furore grew Charlie stopped talking to Renault about the matter- actually stopped answering emails and ignoored the team.

And the ruling was never in doubt by the way because once Max Moosley got up and told the papers in Melbourne it was ok, the die was set. And I know first hand the Melbourne stewards were instructed by the FIA to pass the diffuser cars. The appeal was a formality.

What bugs me is that the FIA set out to reduce downforce by 50% this year, and also make it easier to overtake by reducing turbulence. The cars with double deck diffusers currently have almost the same downforce as last year, and make juast as much turbulent air- thus making it hard to follow them. Well done FIA, soon, we'll undo all the good racing that's been seen on the slower 14 cars so far this year!
Old 15-04-2009

so how long now before all the teams will be running them then . i hope brawn hold out as top dogs when ferrari put one on its nice to see jenson finaly get a good car and show what he can do

XX4, XXX4 AND B44

Old 15-04-2009
Mad Member

Watch Renault's...
Old 15-04-2009

no ofence to renult but would help if they had to drivers who can drive well but they only have alonso

XX4, XXX4 AND B44

Old 15-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayze08 View Post
no ofence to renult but would help if they had to drivers who can drive well but they only have alonso
LOL
Old 15-04-2009
Mad Member

You asked a question, and I replied...
Old 15-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagofSkill View Post
The thing that isn't being covered by mainstream media is the fact that the FIA told Renault at least, in 2007 and 2008 that they couldn't use the loophole. Renault has sent several questions to Charlie Whitting some worded, some including technical drawings about options to make a double deck diffuser and each time they were told 'No'.
Then he flipped and allowed it this year. The incriminating thing to me is that as the furore grew Charlie stopped talking to Renault about the matter- actually stopped answering emails and ignoored the team.

And the ruling was never in doubt by the way because once Max Moosley got up and told the papers in Melbourne it was ok, the die was set. And I know first hand the Melbourne stewards were instructed by the FIA to pass the diffuser cars. The appeal was a formality.

What bugs me is that the FIA set out to reduce downforce by 50% this year, and also make it easier to overtake by reducing turbulence. The cars with double deck diffusers currently have almost the same downforce as last year, and make juast as much turbulent air- thus making it hard to follow them. Well done FIA, soon, we'll undo all the good racing that's been seen on the slower 14 cars so far this year!
Wasn't this a new rule for 2009? How were Renault questioning it 2 years ago?

Renault have been caught out in the rules before, for example having a crap engine last year because they thought no updates were allowed over the winter. In return they were then the only team allowed to update engines this winter!
Old 15-04-2009

that is a good qustion cus the new rule was for 2009

XX4, XXX4 AND B44

Old 15-04-2009
Mad Member

Rules are published years in advance, especially when they involve a total redesign of the cars like this year.
Old 15-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayze08 View Post
so how long now before all the teams will be running them then . i hope brawn hold out as top dogs when ferrari put one on its nice to see jenson finaly get a good car and show what he can do
It's not that easy due to designs of individual team chassis, ie engine and gearbox positions
Old 15-04-2009

oh good then mybe jenson can bag up enought points to win before other teams catch up and i know this is off topic but do u think next years rule change of most wins will make f1 better or worse

XX4, XXX4 AND B44

Old 15-04-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Wasn't this a new rule for 2009? How were Renault questioning it 2 years ago?

Renault have been caught out in the rules before, for example having a crap engine last year because they thought no updates were allowed over the winter. In return they were then the only team allowed to update engines this winter!
That is not technically true. They knew updates were allowed, but those were only to help teams improve on the reliability. Renault didn't have any issues on this side and so didn't need an update. The problem was, that "some" teams used the updates to gain power, and so renault (and Honda) who had an engine on par with everyone else at the time of the so called engine freeze, found themselves with underpowered units once those other teams finished updating their powerplant. This is why Renault and Honda were allowed to update their engines for this year.
Old 15-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
Watch Renault's...
Agree with this, Renault have had one sat waiting to see what the outcome is, im sure it will be in use this weekend

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 15-04-2009

wow its like oople has spys in the f1 world how do u all have so mutch info on renult

XX4, XXX4 AND B44