Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 22-05-2009
Mad Member

Default Stick Conversion Pics..

As the title really.. cars virtually done, just waiting on a few bits to finish it off.. B44 Battery Posts & Thumb Screws and a T4 Carbon Battery Brace..

If you notice, the new orange steering parts are also fitted..and made up some carbon fibre covers for the battery cut outs

Excuse the pic quality, I used a colleagues camera phone...I'll post some more once 100% complete..

Old 22-05-2009

very neat, good job!
Old 22-05-2009

Nice job, you even have space for a PT...
Old 22-05-2009

so does the stick conversion give more electrics space? any pics with a full fat servo? im really tempted to convert my old P8
Diementia would like to invite you to vote for us on Total Biker FM here : http://lnk.ms/TPsV9 and share this link. Please also share this link.Thankyou for your support \m/ www.reverbnation.com/diementia
Old 22-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanp25 View Post
so does the stick conversion give more electrics space? any pics with a full fat servo? im really tempted to convert my old P8
To have a chance of fitting everything in you really need a low profile servo!

I can finish the car of tomorrow as the bits i was waiting for were waiting for me on my door matt

Just to add... ive checked the weight of the car, with the bits i was waiting for and the car weighs 1610grams..i had to add 3x 5g weights...
Old 22-05-2009

looks great!! Just got my car and was going to mount my electronics the same exact way - thanks for the template!!!

Only thing I was considering different was maybe mounting my servo like Kevin's flat on the chassis instead of up like this.
Old 22-05-2009
Woop Woop Member

mounting it flat has the advantage that you dont have any rubbing issues between the servo horn and the body shell but can be difficult to get to fit as the front mount normally sits over a cell hole. i know kev made a small carbon mount for his so will be doing a simlar style thing for mine in the next few days

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 22-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

think i may have to rewire mine it looks too messy com pared to that

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 22-05-2009
Mad Member

Thats about as neat as it gets I think. those tiny recievers certainly make it easier to fit things in.
Old 22-05-2009

Well this is mine, have put layed down the servo as the servo horn was
touching the body shell .

Old 23-05-2009
oOple Advertiser

Looks good nick, very neat!

I went for the laydown servo (like Panic) which means you can fit a full size or low profile servo... but i think that layout is only possible with a smaller speedo . It also gets the weight more evenly distributed and further forward on that side but its only going to make a small difference. Make sure you get the cells as far forward as possible though.
Old 23-05-2009
Mad Member

Very neat!!

I looked into laying down the servo like this but as Nathan says one side of the servo was over one of the battery cut outs.. which wasnt a prob for me as i have made some plates.. rather than making a fixing through this plate i thought of the idea of securing this side of the servo to the side of the chassis using the posts which go between the motor mount and rear shock stay (jesus!! screw..) you would probably have to cut them down a touch.. but i reckon it would work..

I ended up having to stand the servo up as the pics, because setting everything out with a lay down servo using the LRP TC Speedo, this would be too far forward in the car and catch the bodyshell (this speedo is quite tall with the fan on).... as it is it only just clears the cut out (looking from the front the right hand hole) If you run a smaller speedo, Tekin etc or indeed the new LRP SXX this wouldnt be a problem..

Im happy with everything as it is, but should i need to chnage speedo in the future i may go for the laydown way.. this way the switch and PT could be positioned on the servo...

Cheers

Nick
Old 25-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
... i thought of the idea of securing this side of the servo to the side of the chassis using the posts which go between the motor mount and rear shock stay (jesus!! screw..) you would probably have to cut them down a touch.. but i reckon it would work.. ...
mmm, good thinking!
Might try that sometime.
Old 26-05-2009
Mad Member

Gave my car a go yesterday at Bury with the new setup... wow.. the car is transformed!!

I have to say the steering seems so much smoother... the car in general is smoother and easier to drive... slow speed steering is drastically improved.. You can power up to a corner, brake, and the turn in is supurb.. it doesnt push under power or anything Jumping seems very neutral as well... maybe not as responsive in the air as it was with Lipo saddles in the kit standard layout..but still just enough to correct the pitch etc..

All in all a drastically improved drive! So much so i will be running this at Oz.. lets just hope i can get it togehter!!

If you havnt got the steering set up, get it...
Old 26-05-2009
Woop Woop Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
If you havnt got the steering set up, get it...

glad to see all of the teams (and xtreme's) hard work is paying off at long last. the pred always had the ability to win nationals in the right hands but wasnt always suitable for the average racer. xtreme and the team have worked hard over the last 18 months to change that. One of the advantages of having a team of all levels is the feed back on prototype parts doesnt just come from the top boys. as we keep saying the pred is going from strenth to strenth and it is already showing on track and comments like this confirm that

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 26-05-2009

Yes everything is working smoothly, would nice to see from Teamxtreme some more bits though, ie some threaded shocks (i m running out of shock space from all that C clips i m using ) , maybe a chassis with the battery slots covered...dont know...
Old 26-05-2009
Mad Member

threaded shocks?

please don't. At first I also believed this would be a good idea but I learned to appreciate the clips-system. Very easy to copy, always secure ...
Clips for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggs
also xtreme have only just released the x11rs chassis so will obviously have had a rather large amount of plastic chassis made. with that in mind i cant see a solid chassis coming for a while although i would also like to see one
Old 26-05-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

threaded shocks are very hard to adjust on the pred aswell because the gaps between each shock is very small and so twisting the collars is a hard job. if that makes any sense?? very neat layout anyway. Good luck for ozfest

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44