Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 08-01-2010

Default Huge thumbs up to I-LapRc :)

Well we've just had our first meeting of the year, the first time the club has run with the I-LapsRC setup and it worked a dream, Faultless and very accurate

Our first ever race with 7 cars in one heat and it didn't miss a beat

24 cars were running tonight and we've got more members joining so we shall be having some great meetings in the 2010.

Good to be back racing though my car went a little strange in the second leg of the A Final - knew I shouldn't have changed those tyres

Next meeting on Monday is a setup meeting prior to our Winter Championships that start on Friday 22 Jan. Check our web site for all the details...
Old 09-01-2010

Thumbs up

Fantastic system, will free up the onroad officer to keep an eye on the race !!!
Old 09-01-2010

I might be doing somthing wrong, but should the red led flash on corys i-lap sensor when his car is switch on?

Am i the only numpty that cant work this out, help me Please ....
Old 09-01-2010

Yes it should flash red
Old 09-01-2010

Oh great what have i done wrong then............

Wont be able to afford two, mine will just have to wait........

Thanks..
Old 09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pitman View Post
I might be doing somthing wrong, but should the red led flash on corys i-lap sensor when his car is switch on?

Am i the only numpty that cant work this out, help me Please ....
All Transponders were checked to make sure they all work which they did. When connected via the receiver the unit does in fact flash red to confirm power to it.

I would suggest trying an alternative receiver slot if you have one available. It could also be that the slot you used has now power to it. We noticed last night that Steve's 1:18th scale car also had problems when he connected the PT, but this is down to no power from that slot.

Steve will be buying a Y connector lead so othat he can pick up the power from one of the existing slots which are being used. Before you panic try the following...

Disconnect the servo lead that goes into the receiver and plug in the PT. Power up the car and you should then see the red LED flash. If this happens then the slot you were using has no power and you'll need to get a Y connector which I know Russell is ordering a few more.

Hope this solves your problem.
Old 10-01-2010

Great to see everything went well with the I-LAP system.like i have always said it is a very under rated system,because it is over shadowed by the AMB/MYLAPS system.

As for the transponder if they are not flashing check your connection or try another slot on the receiver.I have yet to see a bad transponder from the manufacture .Just remember not all empty battery slots will power ANY transponder,because it has a diode in it.it will allow power in but does not power out.

sean
Old 10-01-2010

Am I right in saying the only way to buy a I-Laps system is to go direct to USA? And a brand new full system with 10 transponders and enough sensors for a 8 ft wide track can be bought for about £500 (+ delivery) ?
Old 10-01-2010

Yes i got the y connector and that slot is the source for the power, I may just have to bring it all along for the experts to look at .
Old 10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eda View Post
Am I right in saying the only way to buy a I-Laps system is to go direct to USA? And a brand new full system with 10 transponders and enough sensors for a 8 ft wide track can be bought for about £500 (+ delivery) ?
Yes you need to buy from them direct, they are a very helpful bunch of guys. Great service, but then you'd expect that from a company in the US
Old 10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pitman View Post
Yes i got the y connector and that slot is the source for the power, I may just have to bring it all along for the experts to look at .
Did you try and put it into one of the existing slots that the steering servo is pluged into to see if it worked ?
Old 12-01-2010

Two meetings now and still I-LapsRC is performing without any problems, great piece of kit.