Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 21-03-2010

Default I'm not super discouraged anymore!!!

Just finished my race day with great results. let me break down the history of racing my cat.

Race 1-I broke everything, including the kitchen sink, on the Cat.Didn't finish the main. Got advice from lochness..clint...moss...church...jimmy and stegger. Spent loads of money at Shumacher.com.

Race 2-Broke alot less and finished the main last, but finished non the less...Spent loads more money at Shumacher.com.

Race 3-Didn't break a single part and qualified 5th in the c main and finished 6th.

I know some of you are saying big deal finish first and then you'll impress us, but thats not the point. I've never raced before and everyone here helped me get better.....THANK YOU!!!!! Now all I have to work on is to improve my driving skills.

The Cat is, as you Brits might say, spot on. Still not getting enough on throttle steering though, any ideas. I'm running the 12.5 yoke and thought of going down to the 7.5, will that help?
Old 21-03-2010
Mad Member

if i were you i would stop spending money on parts you probably dont need and consentrate on adjusting and learning about setups with what you have got, there is no one thing that will make your car or any car excelent if there was we would all have it all i sugest you do is play and take notes, the asnswer to your question 7.5 deg hubs will give less on power stearing.

stu
Old 21-03-2010

Some people eat when they are emotional, I buy parts.

So how do I get more on power steering?
Old 22-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

weeeeeee..... moth is our hero, moth is our hero weeeeeeeeee....
Old 22-03-2010

I'd like to thank the academy for this honour..........no wait thats another dream. My goal is to be in the a-main by race 10 or maybe race at the robin hood raceway this june......that's if my wife lets me
Old 22-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I am happy to hear you getting on better with the Cat!!!
When you are happy with your car your driving will improve.
As far as more on power steering, I will let much more qualified people answer, but perhaps think about a bit more brakes into a corner and let the car square up a bit more before getting on the power?
Old 22-03-2010

Your probably right, I was sliding into the loose stuff past the apex. To be honest I wasn't really pushing the cat as I was still trying to negotiate the jumps better. I've almost got them all figured out and then I'll work on improving my aproaches. The thing is this track doesn't let you practice on off race weeks, and from what I can figure, he lets his friends practice and all we get is 30 minutes before each race day. So all the people that have raced there for years know it alot better than any newcomer.

On a little different funny note, to give you a idea what its like to race on this track, 10 racers started the first qualifier and only four finished that didn't break!!
Old 22-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Well that's good to hear that you didn't belong to that majority
Old 22-03-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
My goal is to be in the a-main by race 10 or maybe race at the robin hood raceway this june......that's if my wife lets me
Old 22-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Your probably right, I was sliding into the loose stuff past the apex. To be honest I wasn't really pushing the cat as I was still trying to negotiate the jumps better. I've almost got them all figured out and then I'll work on improving my aproaches. The thing is this track doesn't let you practice on off race weeks, and from what I can figure, he lets his friends practice and all we get is 30 minutes before each race day. So all the people that have raced there for years know it alot better than any newcomer.

On a little different funny note, to give you a idea what its like to race on this track, 10 racers started the first qualifier and only four finished that didn't break!!
Have you got any pics of the track?
Old 22-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
Have you got any pics of the track?
I don't have pictures, but I do have video of the track. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moRuBYauvq0

This track eats wishbones by the ton!!!!
Old 23-03-2010

Send a message via AIM to PsycoChris Send a message via MSN to PsycoChris

LOL Great Job Buddy. Im glad we changed your mind and got your head on the right pass on chosing an excellent buggy I hope you do better and have a great season.

I brought Mine to an 8th scale track out east on Long Island Ny. And People could not believe there eyes what I was doing. The lay out was cool and new. They just put it together and it was day one there. I had my indoor setup on and an 8.5t ballistic with lrp sxx tc. and I basically Cleared every quad or double, or triple they had. I was right with the 1/8th scale buggies. They could not believe what they were saying. So I think this buggy is amazing and I cant wait to I get the Big Bores because I then will be able to hit anything.

Team Schumacher USA // Speed Passions // Core Rc
Long Island Raceway and Hobby // DarkSide Designs
Old 23-03-2010

Now I setting my sights on the cougar....but witch one to get. Moss said he uses the s1 chassis for his Cat because it more flexible and thus more forgiving in the handling department, does the same logic apply to the cougar?
Old 24-03-2010

Glad I could try to help.........might try a little more anti squat ....should gain a little more rear steer
airtronics www.airtronics.net
checkered flag raceway www.cfrkc.com
Lipo sack www.liposack.com
Old 24-03-2010

I didn't think antisquat affects steering? That wasn't in the manual
Old 24-03-2010
Mad Member

Well I'm going to get Pro-CF kit and maybe I'll get S1 top deck to have softer car option. That's my choice.

Antisquat affects handling during acceleration and braking, so it doesn't have constant effect.
Old 24-03-2010

You haven't lead me wrong yet lochness so I bought the CF Pro last night also, then I got the bad news this morning........Their not released yet. Do any of the team drivers know about when to expect its release.

Is that a loaded question or what
Old 25-03-2010

So you're not discouraged anymore..that a good thing..I told you the cat needs some patience and time.It will only get better from here.As for my Cat it's going through some serious testing before my big race in tillsonburg.
Old 25-03-2010

Your just rubbing in Tillsonburg race, I won't make, because you just saw I bought the cougar....zilia...zilia
Old 25-03-2010

Quote:
Your just rubbing in Tillsonburg race, I won't make, because you just saw I bought the cougar....zilia...zilia
You can always come to the race it's never to late you know...As for the cougar sv...I have a little suprise for you.