Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 16-08-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Default Outdoor winter meetings?

So here’s an idea, with the extra Astroturf we have (and can get some more if needed) what about running outdoors meetings through the winter, no more than once a month probably.

See with regionals, York and Worksop, that’s a lot of indoor racing. Especially considering what a chore it was for the minority putting out and packing away the indoor track and that keeping on practicing outdoors through the winter keeps your eye in I think this is a good idea.

Initial idea would be weather depending to ‘call’ whether the meeting was on or not at say 9am and post that on the internet so to give people notice if they are travelling.

Thoughts?

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS JUST AN IDEA AT THIS STAGE!!!!!

Nortech is ACE!
Old 16-08-2007

Default Batley winter meets!!!

Hi think that would be a fab!! would defo be up for that count me in
Old 16-08-2007

Sounds good Dan, we've had midweek madness in the past - why not some midwinter madness as well!!

Chris
Old 16-08-2007

yes i would be up for some winter racing outdoors
Old 16-08-2007
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple

I think it is a good idea, we quite often have mild weather into December, and we have the facility there so lets use it! I had wondered if Batley and Bury clubs could team up for a northern astro-style winter championship, as inspired by the midwest astro-masters winter series. If this could be worked around all major dates on the calender then I think it's well worth looking into. But either way yes, I think the outdoor track is more fun than the carpet style tracks.

Old 16-08-2007

If there's racing indoors we know its actually going to happen.

It sounds like a good idea, but there's been ONE club meeting at Batley all summer, so I can't imagine it being any better in mid winter. Standing round in the cold with freezing bollocks can't be the way to spend a winter sunday either

Does this mean the indoor Batley meets are dead
Old 16-08-2007
Stu-Perstar

I think not racing inside would be a very bad idea personally. I love indoors at Batley and I think it would be missed by a heck of a lot of people.
Old 16-08-2007

if they were no other meetings on,and the weather was not to bad.i would go along batley indoors is good though
Old 16-08-2007
Admin

I have to say, I do enjoy the indoor racing, BUT... generally setting up/packing away is done by about 6 people whilst the other 40 go home Also the hall is MEGA expensive, which is OK - the club is not out to make profit and outdoor events can subsidise indoor events.

I do also think outdoor winter racing would be a good idea, ....if the weather was kind enough

My personal view is we should schedule 2 meetings a month, 1 indoor and 1 outdoor. If the weather holds & outdoors happens, all well and good, if not at least the club is ticking over with a regular monthly meeting.
Old 18-08-2007
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Not convinced yet. I think Mrs O's idea is the best here: run a champ series with bury (4 meetings with 2 at each venue) and leave indoor as it stands now. Indoor at Batley was always a popular meeting if I remember right.
Old 18-08-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
I have to say, I do enjoy the indoor racing, BUT... generally setting up/packing away is done by about 6 people whilst the other 40 go home Also the hall is MEGA expensive, which is OK - the club is not out to make profit and outdoor events can subsidise indoor events.

I do also think outdoor winter racing would be a good idea, ....if the weather was kind enough

My personal view is we should schedule 2 meetings a month, 1 indoor and 1 outdoor. If the weather holds & outdoors happens, all well and good, if not at least the club is ticking over with a regular monthly meeting.
This is ideal in many ways, I think we'd have to judge from the first meetings of both to see how many turn up. I can't say though how much the club would need helping put the track out and more importantly put away at the end!

As John says the indoor venue is hugely expensive, normally I believe we lose money on each club day and lucky to break even following the profits from the regional and supercup. Outdoors normally keeps us in the black but the weather has shafted us this year.

Dan

Nortech is ACE!
Old 18-08-2007

Are the saturday evening touring car / buggy events now dead for good ??

If so, is there any scope for combining touring car on the sunday indoor meets to get more people, or is that likely to have too greater impact on the track for the buggies?
Old 23-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to b4rs

i dont think it will be too ad to do that,my grandma keeps saying were going to have an 'indian winter' so basically the summer weather will start in august and finish in december, co all this global warming has f*cked everything up!

[img=http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4506/userbartemp.jpg]

"mardaves are the future of sport electric!"
"yea, if youve only got 30 pound to spend..."

Old 23-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Kash

I would be up for it..I prefer racing outdoors. I can live with it being cold as long as it's dryish..
Old 23-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to gazbaz2

Yep.....Im for that, love outdoor racing, like Kash said as long as its dryish
Old 29-08-2007

Send a message via AIM to notlawnomis Send a message via MSN to notlawnomis Send a message via Yahoo to notlawnomis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazbaz2 View Post
Yep.....Im for that, love outdoor racing, like Kash said as long as its dryish
....and me