Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 18-11-2010
SHRCCC Legend

Default Unsteady Nostalgia ***Hants and Surrey Car Club 1986 onwards ***

Looks like I've stirred some memories up.

Already chatted to Nick Goodall and Tony Evdoka, now I've just been Facebooked by Lee Mullen who is also thinking about starting up racing again.

Any other old racers lurking around?????
Old 18-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

ha ha ha - you will meet your old pals Rob and Tom Hatton on Friday evening LOL
Old 18-11-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Well I am still going...albeit a bit further away from the area!
Old 18-11-2010

Me
Jamie Holmes - maybe at Taplow this weekend - but he is not on here as can't use a computer!
Andy Shaw was racing last year, but have not seen him for a while.

Marc
Old 18-11-2010
SHRCCC Legend

Hatton twins eh? Blimey, are they still the same????

Marc and Mark, sorry guys I dont remember you!. How bad is that!!

Remember the name Jamie Holmes but cant fully remember!
Old 18-11-2010
Mad Member

i sent Lee Mullen a link to the first topic about the possibilty of a track last night. seems he's pretty keen to make a comeback
Old 18-11-2010
SHRCCC Legend

A comeback?, was he ever 'there' then
Old 19-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I randomly bumped into Jay Jempson a couple of years back on a TT forum when trying to sell my Mum's car - Remember him? I think he was a neighbour of Andy Shaw....

Back from the original days of the Surrey and Hants racing though i'm trying to remember who else raced there.... Mannie Pannesar? I think he probably did a few.....

Mike Ford? Not sure what happened to Mike but he helped us out a lot in our early days and was from the Newbury club.

EDIT - Remembered a few others that you may have known....

Martin Bishop (Bish)? He had a nice Black 92 Clio 16v when they hadn't been out long?

Mark Denton & Simon Hurry?
Old 19-11-2010
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
Andy Shaw....

Mannie Pannesar?

Mike Ford?

Martin Bishop

Mark Denton & Simon Hurry?
Mike Ford / Andy Shaw, yup remember the name.....

Mannie, yes he raced quite a bit, didnt have much competition though as he was at the top of the game from memory. Sometimes Tony beat him and when he didnt finish I did too!!!!

Bishop - yes!. He used to have a Red Pug 205 GTI ..... didnt he have pleasure of showing us his cars!!!.... Good lad he was!

Mark & Simon are unknown to me.

I remember the name Mark Sadler for some reason?, this might be from magazines or the club, not sure. Did he run a lot at Eden Park? - remember going to his home in Worcester Park?
Old 19-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've just been thinking back and am actually pretty sure i've got loads of racing on Video from the old Surrey and hants days, also the Apex GP's if you did them too

The Surrey and hants ones would have been years back though, when Tony had the White Sierra Estate if I remember right??

It's all on mini Video camera vids' though so i'd need to find the large cassette adapter and someone with a VCR as i haven't owned a video player / recorder for years now but hopefully some of the vids are still good quality........ Would be great if I could get them uploaded on Youtube!
Old 19-11-2010
SHRCCC Legend

Nick, seem to remember Tony had a Audi 100 Green thing?.

I'll have those vid's!. My mate own a shop where they move them from video to DVD!!!

Ohhhhh please!!!!.... that would be soooooooo cool!
Old 19-11-2010

Here is a photo of me & Tony back in our "Apex" days, taken by Bish at a RRC round in the early 90's, I was a bit skinnier then
Old 19-11-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

I admired all those guys for the level of driving they had at the time...
Was good being a nipper and watching those cars get thrashed round the outside grass track
Old 19-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

OMG !!!
You was thinner?? - what about me!!

Now - if we are going to play games Mr Knight then I will have to get down to Boots and get some old pics turned into digital.
OMG could I upset some people LOL
Puts some tyres aside for me and do some work - he he he
Old 19-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcKnight View Post
Here is a photo of me & Tony back in our "Apex" days, taken by Bish at a RRC round in the early 90's, I was a bit skinnier then
Those old RRC days were good meetings to get into "Serious" racing before doing Nat's! Shame there are no more series like that really - it was great as you'd always get someone randomly turn up like Mr Drescher or Jamie booth etc.

Marc, i've definitely got some video of your old Bosscat with the stupidly drilled out chassis racing at a RRC event, i think you even ran those Orange Wheel Dots made by Reedy/AE if you remember Your cars always looked awesome though to be fair.
Old 19-11-2010

My Bosscat was awsome The wheel discs were Yokomo Shame I can't drive like I use to
Old 19-11-2010

Me - Andy Maton. Also unfortunately not even close to the speed I used to have back then

Raced at all the S+H tracks, I think three venues before the permanent move to Basingstoke.

Marc - your right about that picture of you and Tony being a RRC round. I think it was in Wales somewhere as I remember Mark T driving the hire van down with me on the morning, he wiped a door mirror off as well. That was where he met that welsh girl he went out with a couple of times!!

Mark Sadler lived in WP as his Dad Terry owned Wasp Racing Products. He has been running TC and I think raced at EPR recently. Do you remember Guy Walker, fair haired lad who was also quick.

Also James Christie and Simon Mcrea (SRM Racing) used to pop up now and again if I remember.

There was another guy, Mark who was awesome at rebuilding motors but I can't remember his surname, think it began with a P.

Nock - would be great to see some of the old Apex GP vids, I still have the RRC reports fromt he first couple. If anybody is interested I will scan them and post them somewhere!!
Old 19-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy71 View Post
Me - Andy Maton. Also unfortunately not even close to the speed I used to have back then

Raced at all the S+H tracks, I think three venues before the permanent move to Basingstoke.

Marc - your right about that picture of you and Tony being a RRC round. I think it was in Wales somewhere as I remember Mark T driving the hire van down with me on the morning, he wiped a door mirror off as well. That was where he met that welsh girl he went out with a couple of times!!

Mark Sadler lived in WP as his Dad Terry owned Wasp Racing Products. He has been running TC and I think raced at EPR recently. Do you remember Guy Walker, fair haired lad who was also quick.

Also James Christie and Simon Mcrea (SRM Racing) used to pop up now and again if I remember.

There was another guy, Mark who was awesome at rebuilding motors but I can't remember his surname, think it began with a P.

Nock - would be great to see some of the old Apex GP vids, I still have the RRC reports fromt he first couple. If anybody is interested I will scan them and post them somewhere!!
Mark Passingham?? He used to race at Newbury with a mint RC10 then changed to the Traxxas TRX-1 when it came out - I think he still does some on road racing with Chris Grainger??

Yeah that girl in the pic with Marc was called Helen - her Brother raced but i can't remember the name...

I'll have to look into how to get the Vid's converted (hopefully they are still ok)!

I've got some much later stuff too incl HRC National from 98 or 99 too.
Old 19-11-2010
Mad Member

Did a bit of racing at S&H during this period coming up from the old Titchfield club with James C, Simon Mc, John Wolfe etc.

Seem to remember it was run by another guy before Tony took over – Martin?? Ran a model shop local but was really more into his heli and planes. Drove a big full size 4WD.

Remember one meeting where we turned up to race on the normal grass track but it was waterlogged so Tony just took us all off to local car park and we raced on that.

Also at one of the winter series there was a novel way of qualifying – we had several qualifying meetings then ran a whole meeting of finals.

Also raced at the Wednesday night club Tony ran at a school near Newbury – little grass track where we raced until we could not see the cars properly

Saw Mark Passingham a few months back at Aldershot – he has started back racing Mod TCs.

Rob
Old 19-11-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I remember SRM as I bought my first modified from them in Fareham

Mark Sadler has been at TORCH recently too

Jason Moggridge, Phil Moggridge, Gerald Page, Chris Wilkinson, Chris Grainger can't remember others at the mo