Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 06-02-2011

Default Are Team c TC02 spares compatible with the Mad Rat?

Was just doing some searching, and came across this site; http://www.tcmodels.net

It sells lots of decent hop-ups for the Team c tc02 and similar models that look just like the Mad Rat.
Is this site legitimate, and would the tc02 parts directly fit my Mad Rat?

Many thanks in advance,

Damian
Old 06-02-2011

Yes mate just a quick recap about these cars. They are made by hobbpro who's racing division is called Team C. They are distributed into Europe by Ansmann and into the USA by TQ racing. The TC02 is the Xpro, tcmodels.net is the factory outlet in HK for spares. It's where all of us outside Europe or the USA get spares from
Old 06-02-2011

This is brilliant news, it really is. The metal/carbon fibre hop-ups what they sell aren't even 1/2 of the price of what UK retailers are selling them for.
Gonna bang a big order in as the postage is $22.
I'm all for supporting UK trade, but at these prices who could refuse?
Thanks for getting back to me on this. :-D
Old 06-02-2011

Try kapitalrc.com in Spain. The prices are similar ( in euros ) but shipping will be quite lower
Old 06-02-2011

Be careful when ordering from the US and HK as Duty is not covered by most of them. So to pick up or get you're items the post'y might ask you to pay an Addition sum.

I ordered my front and rear Alloy Hubs from Team Q and I had to pay £11 Import VAT and £9 customs duty for them so my grand total was something like £65... learned my lesson LOL

I will add though...it's hit or miss if you get asked to pay Duty. Sometimes they seem not to bother. The delivering company also have to state they don't pay duty or delivery VAT, wished I'd read that before hitting 'buy' LOL TQ don't pay it...

Basically if your order is over £18 for a single delivery you are liable to pay Import VAT and customs duty and excise duty.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 06-02-2011

Default tcmodels.net

thumbs up for tcmodles.net here! i ordered my mid conversion and since ordered spares/ upgrades from them, they usually arrive in 5-7 days. as said the tc02 parts are the same as your madrat but watch out as some of the parts for the newer tc02c wont fit ,

Shipping is a bit hit and miss i find nearly everything from the us gets charged but very few from hk do, for me anyway.
Old 06-02-2011

The Australian government decided years ago that the administration costs of charging 10% tax on any personal imports just isn't worth what you get back on items under $1000 dollars so those items (under $1000) are import tax free. Quite a good law
Old 08-02-2011

Question

Is the Mad Rat the same as the SX10 (not the mid) from TQ racing in the states? I ask cause if so the part I need might be cheaper here and I might invest in some hop ups too.

Here is a thread with more info on the SX10 (i'm kinda guessing on the model number though) http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-electric.html

Thanks in advance
Old 08-02-2011

Yup.. TQ, TC and Ansmann are the same chassis. As are possibly 2 other European makes that I can't remember right now.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 08-02-2011

This is all good news. Seems there are probably as many outlets selling compatible spares for the Mad Rat as there are outlets selling spares for the Traxxas models. Happy days :-D
Old 09-02-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
Be careful when ordering from the US and HK as Duty is not covered by most of them. So to pick up or get you're items the post'y might ask you to pay an Addition sum.

I ordered my front and rear Alloy Hubs from Team Q and I had to pay £11 Import VAT and £9 customs duty for them so my grand total was something like £65... learned my lesson LOL

I will add though...it's hit or miss if you get asked to pay Duty. Sometimes they seem not to bother. The delivering company also have to state they don't pay duty or delivery VAT, wished I'd read that before hitting 'buy' LOL TQ don't pay it...

Basically if your order is over £18 for a single delivery you are liable to pay Import VAT and customs duty and excise duty.

J
if you buy from the spanish link tax and duty is not charged to you
Old 09-02-2011

i have place a couple of orders with tcmodels in hk in the last month
i put a note on the payment to ask them to mark down postage or mark as a gift,
they marked down the postage and i did not get charged duty
very fast delivery (4 days) and very good products

hope this helps
Old 13-02-2011

so team c models does the mad rat/macnum but who makes the master smacker/royal flash? as i cannot see any details of these vehicleson any of the above mentioned sites.

wes
Old 13-02-2011

Wes those other buggys come from mainland China somewhere I think, they aren't related to Hobbypro/Team C as far as I can tell
Old 13-02-2011

been having a root around today and think i found another company that sells the flash,not sure how to do a link but the website was www.Kalee.com. doesn´t say weather they build them or not and no spares on the website.