Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 03-02-2008

Default Today@Broxtowe

I would just like to say thanks and a big well done to all the lads from Broxtowe for laying on todays meeting. I know a lot of time and effort was put into setting it up.

Thought the track was first class, some really good jumps, features etc. And it drove well, a real drivers track.

It was the clubs first attempt at indoors offroad and they did a great job. I know the lads on the commity would be grateful for any feedback from people who attended todays meet, likes and dislikes?
Old 03-02-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Thought the track was excellent and rewarded careful driving so even those of us with low powered cars / inexperiece / lack of natural talent, could do OK.

Great job by the committee and can't wait for the next round - might even persuade the Tamiya to keep its shocks together!
Old 03-02-2008

Send a message via MSN to ianplimmer

yep got to agree that todays meeting was a huge success and the broxtowe commitee did a grand job of putting on the first broxtowe indoor meeting

i too cannot wait until the next round,lets hope its even better.
Old 03-02-2008

Well done to the winners in both classes, Ian Plimmer took the 2wd and Adam Skelding the 4wd.
Old 03-02-2008

Totally agree , great day ,wicked track.Well done committe.Also well done Gaz Tomlinson for clearing the double jump in his final!.
Old 03-02-2008

Cool Nice One!

Congratulations on a well run event today @ Broxtowe club, indoor off road meeting, held at Greasley.
All drivers & spectators seemed to enjoy the day.
As a spectator i really enjoyed it, apart from the start of the A final 4WD, in which my son was wiped out from behind, starting 5th on the grid, going into the hairpin, overtaking by driving over the back of you aint really a valid overtaking move, a little bit of driver etiquette was in order, but never mind.
Looking forward to the next event.
Everreadyrich
Old 03-02-2008
Mad Member

Did anybody get any photo's then?
Old 03-02-2008

Sorry to hear about the wipe out, in any final drivers should just aim to get the first few corners clean before attempting over taking moves.

Knowing Johno was 6th off, must admit I was nervous being 4th on the Grid.
Old 03-02-2008

its allways a gamble at the start of a final and it does take a few laps for all to settle down.
Old 03-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianplimmer View Post
its allways a gamble at the start of a final and it does take a few laps for all to settle down.
yes mate dont i know it well done anyway
Old 03-02-2008

Lets not worry to much about the starts we had.

Is there anything the club could improve on for next time? Constructive chriticism?
Old 03-02-2008

Default Some photos.

Some photos of the racing today for you all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00449.JPG (124.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00450.JPG (129.5 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by Alan; 15-09-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2008

yeah you where unlucky smithy,we could of had a good battle maybe.

as for what could be improved i carnt think of anything but maybe somebody with more off road experience than me could
Old 03-02-2008

Default A few more for you all.

My thanks to every one who helped with the meeting today from making all the jumps, designing the track, setting it up, putting away, helping with transport, putting away at hall park etc etc etc..
You all made it the success that it was and I personally thank you all.
We had a great days racing and I only hope it can go from strength to strength.

I also thank everyone who turned up as without racers we could have never had the meeting. I hope you all enjoyed it and come back in March. Hopefully we can have a few more turn up next month and really get the place buzzing!

Anyway, heres some more pictures for you. I only wish I had time to take more and get some better shots.

Ahhh, maybe next time eh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00452.JPG (122.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00454.JPG (122.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00457.JPG (123.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00460.JPG (113.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00456.JPG (103.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 03-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

was a good day , and enjoyed it very much so well done to all who made it happen,
cant really criticize anything about the track at all but maybe something to think about in the future? put the wall of death so when you come off it your against a wall. I saw so many times drvers overcook on the exit to the wall, and almost take the marshalls out at head height !!!!! and at the speed they come off could cause serious injury.
Old 03-02-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSharpy View Post
Is there anything the club could improve on for next time? Constructive chriticism?
Constructive criticism? OK. Pitting was a little tight on some tables (I can help here by losing a little excess baggage maybe!). I agree about the safety of the tabletop (face full of pink Kyosho anyone?). The jumps coming off the back straight were maybe a little too steep (would be ace for 1/8 though) although I admit to being biased here as landing off the second one DNF'd my qualifier. Other than that I thought it was mint and cannot wait for next month.
Old 03-02-2008

must agre with spoolio as i did think the two jumps off after the hairpin were a bit steep especialy the second one,maybe this was due to the lack of transition,it might of been better if it was the same as the first one
Old 03-02-2008
Mad Member

Dunno what "transition" means but I felt that I didn't get chance to get going again after the first jump and consequently sort of "fell-off" the second one. Also couldn't take too much speed into it anyway as you were landing,braking and turning at the same time blah blah blah (I am selectively quoting from "The Racing Drivers Big Book Of Excuses" by Jenson Button). Generally though it was still a great track given how small the hall area actually is.
Old 03-02-2008

Lol @ 'the pink kyosho'

On the pitting situation it was a bit tight but the hall is not the biggest and I know the club wanted to make the track as big as possible. There is a second smaller hall that I know they tried to hire for pitting to make the track bigger but unfortunatly its booked up for the next few months. But for next winter no doubt they will get it booked well in advance.

I can see your guys points on the jumps, do you think just using the one of them would work better?

There is a smaller jump that we use on the outdoor track? Don't think it was used today, does the club still have it?
Old 03-02-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSharpy View Post
On the pitting situation it was a bit tight but the hall is not the biggest and I know the club wanted to make the track as big as possible....

I can see your guys points on the jumps, do you think just using the one of them would work better?
Yeah, the pitting vs track is always going to be a compromise so as I say, we could just all go on a diet . From purely my own point of view, deffo just the one shallower ramp as even if the layout is changed I think that other one is a tad too much (god, I'm starting to sound like a moaning biatch now).