Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 14-10-2011
Mad Member

Default club members vote

hi ive copied and pasted from other thread so we as club members can get a definative answer

I would like to put this sugestion forward to all commitee and club members and to have a club hands up vote at a forth coming meeting.

here it is

FTQ format
Grid starts (results from previose week)

please can the commitee let us know when this will be voted for or againts

thanks stu
Old 14-10-2011

agreed.
Old 14-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Count me in! Worth a try and see what happens......

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 14-10-2011

stu,
i am not sure FTQ and grid starts will work togeother because the guy on the front will always be a couple of seconds ahead of the guy at the back of the grid.
FTQ needs the cars counted away at 1 second intervals as per the winter series rounds
les
Old 14-10-2011
Mad Member

I like alot
That extra second or so is what you are racing for
This is my vote as a member
Don't forget my vote next week
Old 14-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme-rc View Post
stu,
i am not sure FTQ and grid starts will work togeother because the guy on the front will always be a couple of seconds ahead of the guy at the back of the grid.
FTQ needs the cars counted away at 1 second intervals as per the winter series rounds
les
The qualifying is for the next weeks racing les. the grid is constructed from the previous week, so you have won the right to be a couple of sec in front. why should the Second place guy be on the front row???
what this would stop is the first corner pile up.
It would be great if the next round grid (for rd2) was a grid in the postions you finished in round 1
Old 14-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM Black7 View Post
The qualifying is for the next weeks racing les. the grid is constructed from the previous week, so you have won the right to be a couple of sec in front. why should the Second place guy be on the front row???
what this would stop is the first corner pile up.
It would be great if the next round grid (for rd2) was a grid in the postions you finished in round 1

y dont you try doing like winter series starts they as seem to work that how they do it in most clubs i looked at some racing from usa an they do a reseed to make heat i think it was best 3 consecutive laps of practice

y not have a vote about changing or just see what works
Old 14-10-2011
Mad Member

i agree les i would love a staggerd start with finals but as this was kyboshed last year i promised to never mention again so in my oppion a grid start with ftq would be a good compromise to still have 3 races rather than qualifying and still have the chance to have a rightfully ernt grid slot all eve.

obviously this thread was intended to encourage other ideas so they can be put to a club vote.

stu
Old 14-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonkey1 View Post
y dont you try doing like winter series starts they as seem to work that how they do it in most clubs i looked at some racing from usa an they do a reseed to make heat i think it was best 3 consecutive laps of practice

y not have a vote about changing or just see what works
hi monkey

have a read at some of the older threads from a year ago or so about formats this will answer your questions.

regards

stu

ps i dont know if you realise your spell checker is spelling why wrong
Old 14-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
stu,
les
hey les

you must rember when forcc was this way in the early 90s except line starts it was ok then. im not sure why it was changed maybe alan and dave or even yourself maybe able to answer this.

stu
Old 14-10-2011

I didn't know so I asked my dad, who told me it was matt pigs idea because as other drivers got faster he was loosing position, but some of the younger faster drivers had 2 crap runs and one absolute blinder and beat him , where with 3 good consistant runs helped him out.

With ftq I remember about 10 years ago I poled the A and no one knew till the final printout, this was from the bottom heat with the drive of my life, beating ed and Neil. I felt f in amazing for days, how could you posibly do that now?
Old 14-10-2011

[QUOTE=discostu;567060]hey les

you must rember when forcc was this way in the early 90s except line starts it was ok then. im not sure why it was changed maybe alan and dave or even yourself maybe able to answer
Old 15-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
stu if your think you no it all why dont start a club up as you no it all because your just a silly lil boy that has a paddy when you dont people dont do things your way
hi monkey pmd you
Old 15-10-2011

Quote:
stu if your think you no it all why dont start a club up as you no it all because your just a silly lil boy that has a paddy when you dont people dont do things your way
no need for that
Old 15-10-2011

At the ansmanns got tallent day they run grid start qualifying, with the start position alterd depending on finishing position.

Epr straigth is a lot longer than ours so starting from the back was a disadvantage.
how quick are we getting down the straight 2seconds? You can loose 10 in a crash.

But so os being stuck on the row with 3 cars on it.
Old 15-10-2011

Quote:
Rofl what a wally!!!
Old 15-10-2011

First order of the day, on Wednesday evening, is to establish who rcmonkey and rcmonkey1 is and throw him out the door!

There is no need for comments like that to people who are willing to post up suggestions and test the water with ideas that will hopefully improve the racing at an long running and well established club..

ref. the format; I'm not sure if it will improve anything as you'll still get cars midway or at the back of the grid that will try even harder to get off the line and pile through the first couple of corners causing crashes but why not give it a go as it works at other meetings. The more respected and professional drivers, even at club level, should be the ones that know if it works or not so they should have a chat and make the decision as a whole, I think..

Dicko..
Old 15-10-2011
Mad Member

well said scot on both parts.
Old 15-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
stu,
les
les

just having a read back though these and dave is correct it would just be like three leg finals every week that would be cool.

stu
Old 15-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well lets see what happens, all good stuff to try out!

As for RC Monkey, what a nob! I wonder who it is??......... needs a dry slap! lol

www.rccarshop.co.uk