Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 15-03-2012

Default New (Never)

Hi all im new to the forums and to Car racing / bashing (as its called in the states) was pointed here by a local club to myself falkirk Radio car club as they dont do the type of rc's im looking to do.

Was wanting some advice on some of this before I let go a large sum of cash and end up with a sub par RC. So here goes hopefully you wont mind sharing some of that knowledge.

I was looking at trucks mainly (truggys too) but the models that really caught my attention are Traxxas Revo 3.3 and the Traxxas E-Revo (possibly the E-Revo VXL ) and finally the Savage X 4.6 GT and XL 5.9 cars. On looking further into these I find I can get some in Electric and by all measures a lot of people are saying electric is better than nitro.

So on that note was leaning more towards the E-Revo style might by a vxl to get into the sport then go for something bigger later but I notice some companys doing 1/10s and 1/8s for the same price range as the vxl and wandered is there good bad and indifferant companys (i.e who should I bank on and who should I avoid).

For instance Traxxus seems to be a good solid all round make for bashing monsters, but not sure what to qualify the e-revo as, a monter, a truggy hehe you see my dilema.

Also found some of these recently HPI maveric Strada MT EVO s, HPI Bullet ST Flux, Traxxas Rustler Stadium Truck, FTX Carnage and too many others to keep listing.

I want a car I can use for a good while invest some money in like upgrading to lipo, getting mamba sets programmable esc etc. And to that end the most flexible ive seen is the E-Revo or is it just the most populer / numerous and am I missing a little gem or two somewhere?

Sorry for the length of the first post and thx in advance for any replys you deem to give

Sj