Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 23-04-2012

Default A New Face

Hello everyone.

I am new to all of this so a little lost in how to go about joining ect. First of all my name is Matt and i'm 27. I have purchased a Flux buggy and am looking for somewhere I can go and get some practice in and maybe one day race when I feel more condident in my ability. I have purchased a Trophy Buggy Flux RTR 2.4GHz.It has not been modified in any way so does this make it ok to race round your dirt tract or is there some modfications needed to make it legal I have purchased 2 batteries and a charger that runs off my car. Is there times that the track is open or is it open all year round. I have a few more questions but think that will be enough to see where I stand and what I need to do.

Matt
Old 23-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

hi Matt

just come on down on sunday if you want, it dosn't matter how good you are,feel free to hit every track marker we have...we all have at some point. we have quite a few people running out of the box rtr's. we are a friendly bunch,.....honest

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 23-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
hi Matt

just come on down on sunday if you want, it dosn't matter how good you are,feel free to hit every track marker we have...we all have at some point. we have quite a few people running out of the box rtr's. we are a friendly bunch,.....honest
I take it my tires ect are all ok for the track. I will pop down this sun if weather ok just to see how things run and introduce myself. Will bring my buggy in case I feel brave. I know nothing about my buggy just that it is fast. I am a complete newbie at this all. Do have no idea what anything means
Old 23-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you have no idea then a club is the right move. I have no idea what your car comes with as far as tyres go, but I will take a look if you come down, I would think they should be ok,if you join you can use the tracks any time.

Dave

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 24-04-2012

Ok cool I will hopefully see you on sunday
Old 24-04-2012
Mad Member

I'm guessing this is a pretty big conincidence.

I have had a Harry emailing me on the NBC email account about becoming a member and he also owns a HPI Trophy although it's nitro rather than electric.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 24-04-2012

Lol is strange 2 people with the same type Of machine contact you but can assure you that that's not me. What sort Of spares are good to keep?
Old 24-04-2012

Just to pick up on what might have been overlooked...

The HPI Trophy is an 8th scale buggy....nitro or flux it's still 8th scale so I'd guess you'll be doing more off heat track bashing rather then racing as we don't do a huge amount of 8th scale racing at the NBC.

One day I'd LOVE to get a Trophy Flux...it's one of my dream must have cars heheh

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 25-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
Just to pick up on what might have been overlooked...

The HPI Trophy is an 8th scale buggy....nitro or flux it's still 8th scale so I'd guess you'll be doing more off heat track bashing rather then racing as we don't do a huge amount of 8th scale racing at the NBC.

One day I'd LOVE to get a Trophy Flux...it's one of my dream must have cars heheh

J
That's fine, just want to go somewhere I can use it instead of getting moaned at by people walking their dogs
Old 25-04-2012

Default Same

Hi Mat,

I have recently joined the club with the same intention as you. I have a few Rc cars and wanted to use the track to have somewhere 'dog free' to run them. However having watched some racing on a Sunday I then found myself buying a buggy I can enter into the races. I haven't plucked up the courage to go and race just yet but with a bit more practice I'm sure it will be ok.

I also have an Inferno VE which is the same class as you Trophy Flux perhaps if you fancy meeting up one evening we could have an 8th scale head to head? I have had, and still have, a number of HPI cars and my suggestion is that you have a full set of spare nuts and bolts as I have experienced several of them backing themselves out (i'm sure with some more consistent maintenance this could have been avoided). Other than that most things on the trophy are pretty well built. I would guess that the most likely thing to break is front wishbones, it doesn't take too many nose first landings to crack one of them.

Max
Old 27-04-2012

I look forward to the challenge Max

Can I ask with the club membership it says free practice is this at any time or only weekends? I only live a few mins away so would like to take it down after work sometimes.
Old 27-04-2012

Thumbs up club

you can bring your 8th scales to the club, you dont have to race, theres pleanty of time beetween heats to play on yhe proper 8th track.
Dave is a great source for hints n tips on 8th scale, and we can all help on the electric off road stuff.
I had my first go at the club, and hit every thing in site.(still do) But the great thing about doing that at a club, was all the help and info on what, and what not to do.

First time at Norfolk Buggy Club is FREE