|
|||||||||||||||
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well, my current shell is well and truly gone and really needs binning. Im looking at getting a new shell for my B4 and painting it up but would like a few opinions and help.
1) Which shell There are a few out there for the B4, Trinity Killer Bee, JConcepts Scoopless, Proline Crowd Pleazer and Associated Interceptor. Which would be the best in your view 2) Colours What colours really look good and which are no go's. Im looking for a simple paint scheme that has no more than 3 colours 3) Design Im going to be masking it out and using spray cans so nothing too complicated but does anyone have any simple designs that aren't too hard to do and dont require an airbrush 4) Equipment What brand paint is the best (e.g. holds the best and comes out well, must be spray can) and which masking tape. Now I know its a lot but any advice is welcome. Ive looked at terrys nice tutorial on his website and will try and follow it to the best f my ability and then just spray where he would airbrush and do details etc Thanks
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have just got the croud pleazer and in my personal opinion I think it is the best looking shell for the B4 wheather my opinion means anything I dont know.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
As for masking tape, I find the Blue masking tape B+Q do is very good indeed, but all tape is crap if it isn't stuck to the shell right. And never NEVER rely on the edge of a peice of tape, as it can great bleed, always end a masked space with a cut peice of tape.
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man! |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
I got my shell and due to being off this week I decided to spray and mask it myself to keep me sane. What do you mean by a cut piece etc. How do i mask an edge so it wont bleed.
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I used to lay my masking tape on a shiney surface (I used a book or something) and using a ruler cut down the length with a scalpel.. then use the CUT edge as the masking edge.
That is how I did it. I use vinyl now for most masked edges. If I do get a bleed then unless I am spraying chrome Its usually fixable without any real trace - just scrape it off. I am SUPER SUPER fussy about stuff like this - if you see an error on one of my shells then I would cry (and probably did).
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
You've not included the JConcepts WITH scoops. This is my favourate shell as it retains all the better features of the B4 shell, while adding the new and improved features of the JConcepts one (and you can cut out the scoops if it's gettin' a bit warm...)
__________________
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I like Fastrax cans of paint, they are cheap, and very good.
For masking tape, I have tried em all, and tamiya is the best (and most expensive) And most LHS carry a certain line of craft knifes that are what the surgeoons use, only they arent steralised, and they are sooo godd for cutting masking tape. I have been doing cans for 4 yars now, and am just awaiting my airbrush and compressor today, so I'l llet you know how I get on with it.
__________________
Who am I fooling? I love oOple
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Does anyone have any pictures of rattle can jobs just to show me how good some can be?
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
![]() |
|
|