|
|||||||||||||||
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
hey guys,
I've recently gotten my d4 but I have also been really interested in drift racing. When deciding what I wanted to get, drift cars did make a good part. With my D4 i'm getting a brushless motor, 11.5T the Egile sport tuned Junior with esc. The sheer power of the brushless motor should make the car drift if i use pvc or proper drift tyres. However, i want to take it a little further. Obviously in order to drift, suspension needs to be tight how do i do that?, wheel traction to a compfortable minimum and we must have power and 4wd. I have all these (except one) but do you guys think there is anything more I could do to help my d4 drift? Also what size tyres would I need to fit the d4's wheels? I hope this works and in a couple weeks maybe I'l review it hopefully this might work! Help would be really appreciated Edd |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Y not just put bald tyres on the car? Wether an 11.5 will be enough to make it drift properly is another question though.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think an 11.5 would be enough power to spin the wheels, but I wouldn't expect LOADS of power. Be careful, don't assume that all brushless motors are powerful.
I run a 10.5 in my B4 on carpet, and it is very much underpowered. Regarding the suspension, I would fit hard shock oil, and the hardest springs available. I'm not sure if you will be drifting on carpet, or tarmac? I personally don't get this drifting lark, especially with buggies! but hey, whatever floats your boat! |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Try touring car parts, heavy weight shock oil and with a big slice of luck Yokomo wheels will fit the hex's and off set (or try the TC clyclone wheels), we have an old MR4TC with loads of electricians tape over the rubber, slides all over the place on smooth tarmac, I think the motor is a cheap 15.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
What shock oil do you think I should use. Does the difference matter in "Wt". I'm not sure about how to lock the rear differentials do you think you could point out what to do in a picture?
Edd |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I had pleanty of drifting fun yesterday in an empty dusty gym hall on wooden flooring.. running a 6.5 on minipins it was great! really showed how good the balance of the car is
|
![]() |
|
|