|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
At the moment i am writing a document for a well known oil company about a platform that is going to be built, its basically a Spec for the Vessel.
I have just come accross a line which has a few abbreviations in it, so much so its virtually unreadable. "For *****, the ESS functions shall be provided by a combination of the FGS and the IPS, where the IPS implements process safety (PSD), ESD and EDP functions. " Sorry you cant see the project name its top secret shizzle
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I dnt knw wht ur on abt. its prfctly rdable.
![]() |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
ya big wus sup wit ya.nps at al,
send it to your phone then you can read it
__________________
Mattys the driver,my names carl
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
WTF
__________________
Stevie Brew [email protected] http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=stegger |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
I think there is a valid difference between genuine abbreviations, and stupid kids of today who can only talk, write and text in their "Im the next generation of McDonalds worker!" talk...
Youths eh..
__________________
Previously: BRCA Micro Section Chairman. BRCA Micro National Champion. Currently: JQ fan. Bellend. Forums are better than Facebook groups |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
lol class maccy d's generation
__________________
Mattys the driver,my names carl
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
'Mouth Breather' should be classified as an official language, cos sometimes I just can't be arsed to try and work out what stuff means!
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Text talk does my head in, i understand why we have them but in my industry we have so many TLA`s (Three Letter Acronyms). Its just when you get a sentence like the one above you have to think about it and it becomes difficult to read if you are not familiar with it.
Even the building i work in is abbreviated. CAI (Centre of Advanced Industry) |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
They can't get enough of them where I work, for example I went on an internal training course a few months ago called: PM@MP which was 'project management at mouchel parkman', no one told us what it meant until we got there, one lad thought it was to do with pension management
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have to put up with people looking for a 3WECBFLT with SS on ORP half of my day.
The other half of my day is skiving until the time comes for me to hand my notice in...mwahahaa!
__________________
Previously: BRCA Micro Section Chairman. BRCA Micro National Champion. Currently: JQ fan. Bellend. Forums are better than Facebook groups |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Try this one sorry its in german but I think you get the idea.
__________________
Team CS-Electronic Team Schumacher |
![]() |
|
|