|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Anybody know where I can get at least two 4/40 x 1 inch button head screws for my XXX-CR front axles. One of mine has sheared so I'm now down to my last spare and even that has been taken off a used car. I normally get bits from PBM or DMS but I don't really want to pay £7+ for the whole axle assembly, as I guess the screws are about 2p each if I can find somewhere that sells them.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Best bet is some small local hardware store.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
You will struggle to find any 4-40 * 1" button head screws for sensible money in the UK. How about retapping the axle to accept M3 and getting some M3 * 25mm button head screws intead?
__________________
Quote:
![]() pm me bitch, or is it past your bedtime?
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
northy does 1" countersunks they might do the job i have some if you want ill try them see what there like on my cr.
A
__________________
Ashley Williams I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves! |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
www.modelfixings.co.uk - have so much stuff in the hard to find sizes. Generally pretty cheap too.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
.
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
They do them 1 inch long in cap-head.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Is there room to use a cap head screw, possibly with a barrel washer?
__________________
Quote:
![]() pm me bitch, or is it past your bedtime?
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Dunno, gone into garage to have a look and the car's gone
. All my workbench is covered in vegetables and spuds. SWMBO has just been to do the big shop for Christmas Day and apparently all my RC stuff is deemed "non-essential" so it's been shifted. The confusing thing is that the garage ain't THAT big and I can't see where the CR has gone .
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Roast CR for crimbo lunch. Yum Yum
__________________
Associated SC10. Associated RC8. Atomic Carbon S4. Paint by Wezzer. |
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
OOO memory like a siv.
A
__________________
Ashley Williams I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves! |
|
#14
|
|||
|
|||
|
I've found a piece of XXX-CR, the bit that snapped off at Broxtowe
. I think a countersunk head may still work, there should be enough clearance to allow the knuckle to turn without fouling. I'll PM Northy now before I forget.
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
if your not already sorted give northy a pm on here good stuff and the rite price.
__________________
Mattys the driver,my names carl
|
![]() |
|
|