Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-12-2009
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Thumbs up Dudley BRCA Micro - My live-ish report

Well as per usual, the hardest parts for everyone else, are the easiest parts for me, and the easiest parts for everyone else, are the hardest parts for me lol

The rope-bridge jump looks like it's best driven over rather than jumped, and the angle if it has changed slightly from my original desgin, it's now also got a roll of carpet over it.

More later, and video if I can get it setup.

Sarah
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-12-2009
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Angry rd1

Bloody marshalls watched my car come to a stop, left it there for half a minute expecting me to reverse out, when reverse is banned at the nationals. Another marshall moved me, but ffs!

Switch broke before rd1, and broke again in rd1. Have had to tape it together, as I need my soldering iron to provide me with heat. Couting down to MaccyDees time.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-12-2009
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Unhappy rd2

Wheel came off in the 3rd corner
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-12-2009
Paulnuneaton's Avatar
Paulnuneaton Paulnuneaton is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 467
Default

Paul of www.rccircuitcars.com was there seen all the action dont forget to up load the video sahra
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-12-2009
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default finals

Will do Paul, managed to get the video to play. Will get it transferred to youtube or my site sometime tonight, and in the shop window tomorrow, if the quality is up to it.

I'm currently 10th in the bottom final, the car just hasn't gone well for the majority of the day, but the spur is now changed, bigger pinion on it, I've been fed and watered, lol, now just got to work on the setup of the car for next meet, which is Tamworth, but I'm doing the Carpet Masters then, so the next micro for me will be one that doesn't clash with the Carpet Masters, I like a nice east 1 mile drive from my house to the track if I'm going to have to get up that early!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-12-2009
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default final and reffing

well, something happened so I didn't get power to the wheels in my final.

I was reffing the the first two rounds, but didn't need to say anything as the drivers pretty much behaved themselves, or at least the one or two people that did something I didn't like, only did it the once, so I didn't feel they needed a telling off, but I kept my beady little on them.

Next micro for me is end of February in Swansea, so I've got at least 2 months to get the shark handling and upto speed, next month back to on-road with the TC5R at Stafford's Carpet Masters in January.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2009
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Unhappy finals

OMG! I thought I couldn't make my final because I had screwed the pinion onto my motor properly, but I've just managed to have a look at it today, and the pinion is still attached to the motor shaft, but the shaft has snapped off!

Guess back to brushed for a while for me then, I've gone through about 3 brushless motor this week!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com