|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
There was a bit of marshal abusing yesterday from the rostrum. I know we all get caught in the moment and think we are the only driver on the track that matters when chasing a win.that I can appreciate(not yesterday though)
BUT... I was on the rostrum next to a driver shouting his head off at a Marshall to sit down. I didn't like it and it put me off (not blaming bad result on it)I think it was out of order if your having a bad round your fault or not let's not ruin it for everyone else please!! ALSO ... While I was marshalling the a final I noticed a driver come off the rostrum with issues with his car about lap 9 he then proceeded to use the track infront of the rostrum to diagnose or just to have a play then as the buzzer went he was trying to get it over the line causing other people still racing problems. I found this a poor practice and totally inconsiderate to put it mildly. Bury metro is a club that wants to encourage new members and their families to join up and become decent racers who have respect for the club and other drivers.members or not So please a little more tolerance and consideration abusing marshalls will not be tolerated no matter what. (ps there is also southport if you don't like bury metro or it's members) Best intentions Buds |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
yeah, thats the idea - if your club members/racers are behaving badly, send 'em to another club! RC nimbyism!
Why not, instead of venting your feelings on a forum after the event, speak to those drivers who are doing wrong and explain the problems your perceive they are causing at or around the time they are doing it? It may be that they new to the hobby or are just so caught up "in the moment" that they don't realise they are causing problems - speaking to them in calm, measured tones would probably do the world of good. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah that was a arseholes trick budfish, end of the day there's kids there and its not regional or pro its just a regular meet. I had the same at preston the other week when i was marshalling i just simply said lets take it outside he soon shut up!! ha ha!! (maybe i swore a little back at him), if ya crash it your own fault and deal with calmy, who's with me!!!
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Someone in my heat (Southport) got a bit excited/upset at when their car wasnt instantly marshalled yesterday.
I pointed out that they shouldnt have crashed and after the race the the racer apologised to the marshall and to me. Which I think is the way to do it. Though not everyone is happy 'telling off' other racers. If the person is bigger than me I tell Eric to tell them off.
__________________
Aidan Burke - Southport Radio Car Club #SchumacherFamily #TQmodels #ExtraLapRCpodcast |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
You need to sort it out at club level. Build a set of trapdoors into the rostrum . Any abuse hit the lever. Sorted
__________________
My feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19395 |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I told the Marshall to go and have a word with the driver and sort it but the Marshall is new to racing and felt slightly intimidated. I'm with Billy on this if it was me I would have had a word with the driver if he was still irate it would be taken to the carpark!! As with my last post best intentions Budd |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
All the more reason to name and shame, they ought to be setting a good example.
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I heard the guy shouting sit down to the marshall in the race must say it was pretty off putting
He was going on a bit
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
I told you yesterday where I stood on the subject, and that I don't really want to stand for it. In the case it was especially worrying as we had a large number of junior racers present many of who where pitting directly by the rostrum. This was not an appropriate example to them.
My view is that if a marshal isn't either: A Actively failing to marshal your car or B Dangerously located there is no need to yell at them. A. Means your car is stopped dead and the marshal hasn't spotted or responded. Don't bother yelling marshal if your car hasn't even stopped crashing yet because I'm not turning it till the wheels stop. Likewise, I'm not crossing a solid stream of traffic for you, so except you will have to wait. B. Means standing somewhere they might get hit, or cause others to get hit (blocking a corner). The marshal in question was not doing either and like Buds I was near the yelling driver but had no issues seeing at all, so fail to see what his problem was. Obviously with Bury being your club, you get to decide, but if you want I will police this. If club members aren't happy, action must be taken - however it must be agreed first.
__________________
Yz4 - Yz2 DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410 RC10 Team - Manta Ray - RC10T Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King Tz4 - GT24B BMRCC Emergency back-up race controller (but only if nobody better is available) |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
OK, it was me.
I will own up and say that I was trying to get "captain lip" to crouch down as he was stood upright in the centre of the track and from where I was stood on the far right of the rostrum I could not see the corner before the two jumps in the middle nor the the actual two jumps I was trying to navigate over which was a fairly fundamental part of the track. I shouted three times for the guy in the blue T shirt to sit down but obviously he could not hear me. Strangley enough the young lad who replaced him in the last two heats crouched down with no problem. At no time did I swear at him it just seemed obvious to me not to stand up in the middle of the track when marshalling, but maybe I should not have assumed he would realise this. I was wrong to shout out but before you castigate me on a public forum lets balance the books a little and take a look at what i did at yesterdays meeting. First round, young lad with the red truck had his wheel fall off, I ran onto the track picked up all the pieces and fixed the truck and off he went again. One of you guys was quizzing me about set up on a Lazer of which i don't have much knowledge but I hope I gave helpful and constructive tips on how i thought it would handle better, he seemed happy. Captain Lip asked me for a replacement servo horn so he could keep racing, so I sourced one from my mate and he carried on racing. I then gave him advice on where to get a proper metal horn so he could fit and forget. Round four, Roger got fed up of trying to get your club members out to marshall and I quote " give me a shout when you want to start racing" and then disappeared out of the room leaving no one running race control. Who stepped up to get the racing started and then ran most of round four chasing marshalls and talking to kids who didn't know which heat they were in?? The finals - The AMB system went down so I pulled out my soldering iron and 240 volt transformer and with Stu and Roger fixed it so you could have your finals. So yes, I shouted at someone to sit down in a race, there was more than that going on with talking and banter on the rostrum during the race and finals never mind having dancing Jonny Gibbon stood next to me My apologies if I upset anyone at Bury club, it was not my intention but I hope some of my good deeds made up for it. Damian
__________________
MAD MODELS BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012 BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013 |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Disturbing thread this. It as bad enough the marshal abuse, but the comments that you would shout back and be willing to escalate to violence is just wrong. Yes the driver is in the wrong, but that doesn't allow you to be verbally threatening back.
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man! |
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
Fair play for owning up it was a bit distracting whilst the race was on but at the end of the day we all get a bit upset when things aren't going well in a race from time to time I think with the way the heats were yesterday there was going to be a few marshalling problems there was a few lesser experienced drivers there marshaling faster heats
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
If your read somthing then imagine it to be somthing else that's your twisted mind not anyone elses Thanks for your input |
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man! |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
DCM, BillyB is talking about Preston club - your in Bury section. Two different clubs.
|
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
I wasn't talking about the 'specific issue' at the start of the thread, more the underlying tone of the conversation, as we have had similar at our club. Just an observation Chris.
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man! |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
I read it differently.... soo..... wanna take it outside?
|
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
Damian.
I'm well aware of the benefits of your being there! Actually I really couldn't hear Roger from where I was otherwise I'd have taken over race control myself. Just stay a bit calmer on the rostrum please! The hearing in my right ear only came back this morning Anyway - just so as you know it wasn't you. Well ok it was you, but thats not really what Bud's is on about. This was your first 'offense' but not the first time this has happened at Bury and its why people reacted as they have. Its a rather concerning trend. Bury prides itself on being a close and friendly club, I mean we even let Scousers race there, but some recent visitors have been a little bullish. As it happens Damian you are more than welcome back, especially since we've found that voice of yours is rather useful behind race control! BUT.... If club members want a proper 'no shouting' rule you can have one. However I've considered this and I'd rather not be the one to enforce it after all. I spend my week telling off kids, I'd rather not spend Sundays doing the same to adults.
__________________
Yz4 - Yz2 DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410 RC10 Team - Manta Ray - RC10T Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King Tz4 - GT24B BMRCC Emergency back-up race controller (but only if nobody better is available) |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Peace and love man.... peace and love!! lol
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man! |
![]() |
|
|