Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20-01-2013
cutting42's Avatar
cutting42 cutting42 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Watford
Posts: 623
Default Will SpeedPassion motor work on Hobbywing ESC

Hi All

I have a Hobbywing Xtreme stock 10.5 combo and am thinking about getting an 8.5 motor for it. Will the Speed Passion V3 8.5T work properly on it and all the timing tweaks that the ESC can do?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-01-2013
Robby Robby is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 344
Default

Sure.
A ESC doesn't know what brand motor you're running, and vice versa.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-01-2013
Chris56's Avatar
Chris56 Chris56 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 1,374
Default

If you are running 2wd it should be ok down to 6.5/7.5T as the esc is rated at 60A. I run a Dualsky 60A esc with an 8.5t motor and am able to advance the timing without any overheating issues.
__________________
www.wbmcc.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-01-2013
Lee24h's Avatar
Lee24h Lee24h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northampton
Posts: 758
Default

I run a tekin esc and a gm motor
Really dont worry as long as you wire it up correctly
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-01-2013
cutting42's Avatar
cutting42 cutting42 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Watford
Posts: 623
Default

Hi All

Thanks for the advice, it is for a 4WD (B44.1) and Hobbywing sell the ESC as a combo upto 8.5 so I would probably stick to that. The 10.5 with full tuning is pretty good on smaller tracks, but just thinking for bigger tracks and as I get better as I have seen a few SP8.5's up for sale here!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22-01-2013
Lee24h's Avatar
Lee24h Lee24h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northampton
Posts: 758
Default

Most motor limits are 5.5t so effectively 6.5t to play safe
I like to buy a speedo with high motor limits
I have a tekin rs pro
Nosram istc version 2
And speed passion gt2.0 pro
I just my preference i like to no im never going to get to the speedos limit
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22-01-2013
Tomk26B4's Avatar
Tomk26B4 Tomk26B4 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Devon
Posts: 129
Default

I think the new hobbywing has the same software as the SP reventon if that helps?
__________________
-http://www.southwestrc.co.uk/
-http://www.trcmcc.co.uk/
-Schumacher KF
-Schumacher Cat K1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com