|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hello
I've been wonndering if there is somthing that would let me use a screw to hold my wing in place on my b44.1 as I keep losing the R clips and I perfure using screws. Thanks |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
...I think I already heard this song..
![]() I perfectly agree with you, but I don't see a solution. The B44 family wing mount is not an example of clever design..
__________________
Associated RC10 B6 - B64 - CENTRO C4.2 - Cobra / B42 - TLR 22T ..and many many more!! |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I got some of these......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SGF-3BY-1-...item3a534d7849 Just cut them to the right length and you wont lose anymore
__________________
AKA Dexter Ex Club Chairman Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/ http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/ |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Get JConcepts ally wing mount, saw off the mounting lug, drill and tap a vertical hole through. Job done but you might need a new wing with a smaller hole and use a large washer to spread the load, I use an old rear wheel pin taper washer so it looks a bit blingy.
Could try with the plastic wing mount but there is not much meat there for the screw thread to stay functional. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ill get your favorites Tool out and see what I can do
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Done, I just cut the mount bits off, sanded it down and used a 2.8mm drill bit. As it was a little bit smaller that the screw when I went to put it in it threaded it self for me, on the bottom I used a nut to make sure that the screws dont move. For the bit that keepes the wing down I used some 1/8 wing mounts and they seem to do the job very well.
Last edited by alex97; 14-02-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
AKA Dexter Ex Club Chairman Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/ http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/ |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ill upload some later
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Pic from the side please!
__________________
Associated RC10 B6 - B64 - CENTRO C4.2 - Cobra / B42 - TLR 22T ..and many many more!! |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
![]() |
|
|