Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 03-05-2009
ScottyP ScottyP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 99
Default X5 transmission issue - HELP!!!

Well, thought I was close to finishing my X5 tonight. Guess again!

With the transmission all assembled, there's a growling sound when the spur is rotated, as if the teeth on the belt are catching somewhere along the way. I've disassembled and checked everything, especially the transmission tunnel, which I thought may have been the cause. In fact, I reassembled the transmission without the tunnel just to be sure! Growl was still there.

The only thing I can think of that I had to build up the layshaft and idler gear assembly without the two washers. PLUS I had to remove some material from the alloy spacer that sits next to bearing. The instructions say you should not have to do this, but I had to in order to give the tiniest bit of end float in the layshaft. So, the idler gear is now perhaps more off-centre than it should be. Could this be the cause?

Incidentally, my kit came with a poxy two piece black idler gear, not a one piece one shown in the instructions.

Throw me a bone guys and help me get this thing running!

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com