Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 09-07-2012
Skelbo Skelbo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bucks
Posts: 83
Default Diff screeching??

Morning all.

I had another very happy day with the Centro yesterday, but have a quick question. Under hard acceleration I was getting a screech that I would automatically assume to be the diff slipping. However, having taken the gearbox apart and looked at it with fellow Cento drivers, the diff feels ok and pretty tight. I cleaned up small grains of sand that had sneaked in there and in the damp conditions and accelerating gently I was able to finish the day without problems, but the screech is still there if I accelerate harder.

What do you suggest I do or check next?

If a rebuild is in order anyway, what spec of parts do you all recommend?

Cheers, Nick.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com