Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 22-02-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default Hotshot 2 Help

Guys im about to embark on adding the following to a new acquired Hotshot 2

Radio gear
Steering servo
Motor
ESC
Battery

Ive been asking a few model shops about what I should get and im hearing differing views on motors batteries etc. so some questions I have

1. Is it a fact I need to stick with a brushed motor 17T 19T around that so it wont destroy the gearbox ? If I can use a brushless which model would you get ?
2. I presume I need to use NMIH battery but ive also been told if I use a LIPO 7.4 4000mah I will be ok, anybody any views ?.
3. Im old school and want sticks what should I get Spectrum d6 or Etronix ?
4. Any advice on a servo for steering or will any be ok, was thinkin steel gears and bearings.

I did race the Hotshot in the 80s so have a view on what you used then, but id like a longer runtime so how would I get that I presume Lipo is the only way ?

bare in Mind I will be buying a K1 or Xray later so anything above I can re-use then cool

thanks guys

Rob
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com