Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 10-01-2009
Mad Member

4200 is more than enough! GREAT news!!!

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 11-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasy mark View Post
just making each plate smaller is posible but a massive investment and re tooling for the manufatures the wraping would nead to re tooled for the jigs for the welding,basicly every part of the process from start to finish would nead to be changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
your bang on mark!!
So the pair of you are agreeing with what I've been saying, that smaller packs can be made by manufacturers who are prepared to make the cells small enough.

Time and again there have been negative comments stating that cells either can't be made that small so there won't be any packs, or they would have too small a capacity. The pack of IP 4200 lipos, assuming it is genuine, show that it is possible to have packs that fit within the rules with enough capacity, and with a 30C discharge rate.
Hopefully this should reassure everyone that packs will be available and will be on the EB list, whether it's these IP cells, rebranded versions of them or other manufacturers packs.
Old 11-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Surely as we are the BRCA an EGM can be called if enough members call for one. I also cannot believe that no one from the BRCA is responding to the comments raised.
If you check your BRCA handbook it states the requirements to organise an EGM. It requires an application from 10% of the membership, then 10% of the total membership to attend the EGM.
So basically it's virtually impossible.

Regarding the BRCA responding, I don't see anything they have to respond to. All we have had is speculation that there will be no packs available, or that packs bought before the rules were formulated aren't legal.
Old 11-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
So, why hasn't anyone sent a polite e-mail to their Section Secretary and the EB Secretary, pointing out this issue, and asking for an urgent request from the 10th Off-Road Section, to the EB, to get this Rule changed before any cells are approved?

Why is it so difficult to do that, and so easy to type rubbish and rants and insults on here? Nothing gets changed by typing on a forum, but there's every chance it will by typing to a BRCA Official. You elect them, use them!
You know it's easier to rant on a board than do something about the problem.

There is the fact though that if someone did contact the section and EB committee and got the rule changed by the BRCA or a dispensation for oversize cells to be allowed, then either the BRCA would be running to different rules to the rest of EFRA, or EFRA would have to call an EGM to change their rules.
Old 11-01-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
The pack of IP 4200 lipos, assuming it is genuine, show that it is possible to have packs that fit within the rules with enough capacity, and with a 30C discharge rate.
discharge rate maybe more then 30c, there made by intellect , remember their NiMH 42's
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 11-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm sure a lot of you will be happy to hear I'll try and make this my final post on this thread!

I'm in favour of threads like this where people feel strongly as long as it stays respecting of everyones view. I think they help as more of us are probably now aware lipo saddles CAN be produced to the specs than before, all good in my view! I'm sure PW and everyone involved is doing their best, and I know they put a lot of time and effort into this for us, which we're hopefully all appreciative of. I'm also sure they are more knowledgable than me on these and other topics. That doesn't mean I can't respectably disagree on some of these things though, and hopefully they don't mind that either as long as it stays civilized!?

I want more than 3200mah anyway so I now don't have a vested interest in the TP issue as I'll almost certainly be changing cells when the list is produced! So hopefully this will be seen as just an honest opinion:

This is a hobby, one which needs as many people as possible, and as a hobby my own view is rules should be as free as possible as long as there is no performance advantage. Rules for sizes/dimensions I can also see a point so cells are produced to directly fit cars. HOWEVER, where many people already own a pack (tp saddle) and therefore already gave cars changed to fit them, and they have no advantage over other packs (3200 saddle), I really don't see why they shouldn't be given dispensation to run. In the case of the higher spec TP saddle, I think only if other saddles of the same or greater mah make it on should they be allowed as they could give an advantage! That's my 2 pence worth.

So I'm fine with Mark carrying on trying to get these packs in, and will support that, regardless if whether he's doing it for his sponsors or not!!
Old 11-01-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

You would almost get the impression that the rules are set as they are because the BRCA or certain people within it don't want to run lipo...

Feel free to coment either way!
Old 11-01-2009

As only two manufacturers/distributors have submitted packs for approval it would seem that they aren't too bothered either.
pm me bitch, or is it past your bedtime?
Old 11-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
As only two manufacturers/distributors have submitted packs for approval it would seem that they aren't too bothered either.
WHO
Old 12-01-2009

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
I haven't read all of the posts on here, but it seems that the saddle pack dimensions 'thing' is still going. If it is...

This must rate as a huge waste of space. Whinge, moan, rant, speculate, etc., etc... Has it occurred to anyone to ask whether or not there has been a simple mistake? Perhaps the following logic went through Paul's head, as it has through mine...

Limiting the size of the box will (for the time being at least) limit the capacity of the cells, which in turn limits the cost. However, the possibility to make two boxes (saddles) larger than one box (stick) is higher, since there is more room in a saddle pack car than a stick car. So, it would seem simple to make a Rule that says the two can't be greater than one. And then, one simply forgets that one now has four ends, not two.

So, why hasn't anyone sent a polite e-mail to their Section Secretary and the EB Secretary, pointing out this issue, and asking for an urgent request from the 10th Off-Road Section, to the EB, to get this Rule changed before any cells are approved?

Why is it so difficult to do that, and so easy to type rubbish and rants and insults on here? Nothing gets changed by typing on a forum, but there's every chance it will by typing to a BRCA Official. You elect them, use them!

This is what I did when the issue of the 'thin' LRP endbells came up, and I got an answer within a week - favourable as it happens. Come on guys, give these BRCA volunteers a break - ask for their reasons instead of dissing them on a public forum. Without them there'd be no racing, so the least you can do is think before you type, and try to see things from their point of view too.

I'll bet that if this was pointed out, the Rule would be changed.
i know one manufacture has done so
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
So the pair of you are agreeing with what I've been saying, that smaller packs can be made by manufacturers who are prepared to make the cells small enough.

yup if the end user done mind paying for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
So I'm fine with Mark carrying on trying to get these packs in, and will support that, regardless if whether he's doing it for his sponsors or not!!
if you mean me, its not my crusade or my thread, im just a fustrated buggy racer!
Old 16-01-2009

Have you guys cheked out the spec on this item??

Intellect 7.4V 4200mAh 30C Saddle Pack Hardcase
[INT-TP2S4200V1]$65.00USD
Click to enlarge
Specifications:

Weight: 8.21oz, or 233grams.

Height: 23mm

Legnth: 63mm

Width: 46mm

And the rules are like this, correct?...

Length: 139.0mm.
Width: 47.0mm. (The max. width includes any side exit wires).
Height: 23.5mm. (In addition, chassis location protrusions are allowed)
Saddle-Pack cells are allowed, and must comply with the above width and height
dimensions. Saddle-Pack cells must have a combined length dimension of 139.0mm
max when placed end to end.'

Then this packs should be legal?
Futaba 4PL
GMBK
Norway
Old 16-01-2009
Mad Member

If they are sent to the EB for approval, yes. If not they're not legal even if they are within the size rules...

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 16-01-2009

Ok...now i see a couple of pages earlier, that i was a little late with the BIG news.....
My bad...
Futaba 4PL
GMBK
Norway
Old 17-01-2009
Mad Member

What about these?

http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/LRP79865.html

Are these BRCA legal?

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 17-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

if you read the first few pages, no lipo cells are legal yet! The brca EB battery nimh/lipo list comes out in late february which shows which lipos and nimh cells are legal for the 2009 brca events
Old 17-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

that lrp saddle pack will most certainly not be made legal because its only shrink wrapped and not hard cased as stated in the brca rules and regs of 09
Old 17-01-2009
Mad Member

Was just throwing somthing into the fire, but thanks MIKE

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 17-01-2009

so i'm guessing it would be a good bet to hold out on buying lipo's till the end of february then? Entering the nationals later because of not knowing what/if lipo saddles will be legal. So if an f5 wants any chance of getting in thay should enter and hope any lipo they have are made legal??(depandant on sizes they own)
Just my thoughts
Old 17-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

it's most unfortunate for many but yes it may be the only option, i've sent my entry into the fog not knowing what saddles will be available, there are a couple of manufacturers that should have them legalised for people that have already bought lipo saddles they knew the chances were that they might or might not be made legal.
Old 17-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
so i'm guessing it would be a good bet to hold out on buying lipo's till the end of february then? Entering the nationals later because of not knowing what/if lipo saddles will be legal. So if an f5 wants any chance of getting in thay should enter and hope any lipo they have are made legal??(depandant on sizes they own)
Just my thoughts
or run cells like last year, I would not buy lipo's until the list is confirmed, bet there will be a rush to the shops that week, credit crunch or not ! or will the shops have em ? do they find out when we do ?