Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 28-10-2010

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80
Default electric and nitro racing together?

Do people generally race their electric buggies in the same heats as the nitro guys now? or are the nitro guys still funny about doing this?
Id love to have a go at 8th but coming from 10th, electric 8th would probably suit me better. (i have no idea about maintaining nitro engines really either)
Some of the appeal of 8th is the noise the engines make but im just not sure about it.
If electric and nitro do commonly race together at club level then id probably get an electric version just to do the odd meeting.
Finally, if electric is the way to go, what do people really think of the hot bodies ve8 now that its been out a while and people have had chance to long term test them? The price seems too cheap to me
Thanks for any replies
Tim
Old 29-10-2010

There are three nitro 1/8 clubs near me and i race my electric at all of them without any bother at all, one of the clubs i joined and currently get points in the championship, however if i was finishing at the front of the A final each meeting, i may not get points as my car doesn't conform, but at the moment that's not an issue.

The ve8 is a very good car, all the running gear, suspension, diffs etc are straight from the D8/vorza, it's just the chassis that's different, they're very cheap now, but they weren't always.
Old 29-10-2010

Hi lgbzone
Thanks for updating. It was new for me.
Old 30-10-2010

Ya the D8 is a well designed car. But the parts quality is still not as good as Mugen, Kyosho, Xray or Durango. I guess if you want a well designed economy racer it is the best in that regard.
Old 31-10-2010

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

Thanks for replies. My 2 local clubs would be deerdale and mmrx. Do these clubs run nitro and electric together? I don't want to buy something I can't race. As I said, im not against the idea of nitro, just thought electric would be an easier transition across the scales.
Old 31-10-2010

Electric is easy. I am so tired to dickin around with nitro motors and having to tune them in the 11th hour before a big race. I can actually enjoy this hobby, socialize with friends and focus on my driving now that I have stopped all the nitro wrenching I used to to. Call those tracks and ask, their numbers should be on the net.
Old 31-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timee80 View Post
Thanks for replies. My 2 local clubs would be deerdale and mmrx. Do these clubs run nitro and electric together? I don't want to buy something I can't race. As I said, im not against the idea of nitro, just thought electric would be an easier transition across the scales.

Hi,
i've raced my electric rc8b at the last 2 proper meetings at mmrx and not had any complaints from anybody. have also been the only electric car racing on the day so it would be nice to get some more out there
losi 8ight