Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 05-02-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

I will admit, if a car hasn't got a built in servo saver, if I can't fit a Kimbrough on the servo I don't buy it. I have tried running without one in TC and done two servo's, I can't afford to be replacing servo's regular, for us working on a small budget etc, anything that removes expensive breakages is better, far prefer to replace a £10 saver than a £50-£60 servo saver.

This is not a criticism of Schumacher, as other cars do the same, just an observation.
Old 05-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have mixed fealing on servo savers, now the one on my B4 has been glued up for the last 3 years, no probs, but i have been driving for 20 years+ and can normaly manage not hitting track markers flat out! BUT this said I glued up a club member's saver as it was worn...lasted 2heats then stripped the gears

Servo savers are still very much needed for beginers, they don't buy tamiyas anymore, they buy what they see. and then they don't want to buy mega servos
So this is so simple, if you need a servo saver fit an after market one,simples. once you have grown out of it, take it off!!!

The only thing that would be nice is that enough space is left in the new cars to fit a servo saver

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
IThe only thing that would be nice is that enough space is left in the new cars to fit a servo saver
Hit the nail on the head there!
Old 05-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No reason to run a servo saver of any kind in 10th these days IMO if you have a half decent servo. As Tom has already said they are never strong enough to hold the wheels under load and make the steering inconsistent. I've not broken any of my Savox or AE servo's in 10th with no servo savers on any of my cars. For me if anything goes it's the plastic servo horn - but that's only if you hit something just right without managing to take a whole front corner off!
Old 05-02-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

I cant remember the last time I ran a servo saver, I don't like how it makes the car feel a bit inconsistent.

I just run a plastic servo horn and decent servo's, never had to replace any gears in a servo just replaced a couple of servo horns after the occasional little 'moment'.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 05-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yas I agree, better without, but thats us hard core racers, Just last week I sold my gran so I could get 2x new savox for my rallyx, need an engine now...so i guess the kidney is on the market

Some will want the £300+ car and have to cut back on the radio at club level, The 1st thing that turns new people to our hobby away is when we start saying ££££ when they look at the cars, and turn our nose up if they are unable to spend money on top line stuff
A servo saver makes sence for them as they get to finish races,

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 05-02-2011

Ive been reading your posts and you all sound like lovely people. So we say servo savers save servos ok. Ive been racing 5 years now and if the car had one built in normally it was locked in its tightest position or glued up or if it didnt have one then oh well. All i seemed to break was a servo horn and still have my moments. If you want to wine about it why not instead of hiding behind your keyboards come chat to us guys at racing and the team at schumacher. Yes its a public forum but you guys seem to want to damage a hard working name. And if you have intention of buying a car then make a point and then go watch east enders. I stop reading the threads wen you guys sound like one of my aunties.

So if you want a servo saver with all this experiance online im sure someone will help you find one :0)
Old 05-02-2011

Trish is right and have to say with my SV & SX there are top notch crew.

When they came to TORCH they helped non Schumacher racers too
Old 05-02-2011
Mad Member

Since having the Cougar I have had three servo horns strip and have a Futaba 9550 awaiting internal gears. If I were a better driver then it would be less likely to happen but it is annoying. Schumacher Servo Horns are not cheap either. I know you get three in the bag but two are useless unless you can find someone to swap the non-futaba ones with. I can understand why the car designs don't have them for the reasons Tom has stated but it would be a 'nice to have'...

If I was going to change by B44 to something else in 2011 the SX3 would be the one.. but I think I will stick with the AE for another season
Old 05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Trish is right and have to say with my SV & SX there are top notch crew.

When they came to TORCH they helped non Schumacher racers too
Must say we all had a great day at TORCH and will be making the trip again soon.

Mike
Old 06-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Personally I think it all looks pretty good, and having run my SX2 for only 3 meetings, am not disappointed that a new car has arrived. The SX2 is a great car but if it can be made better with an overhaul then so be it. These companies are here to make money and so R&D keeps going, trying to improve what is already out there. I'd rather see a company moving on and developing their product, making it better for us, rather than just admitting the car was crap and they can't be arsed to make it any better.

For someone to slag a car/manufacturer off so harshly (complete with crap spelling and grammar) without even having raced one for a decent amount of time is ridiculous. And whats all this 'belt stripping' nonsense? I'm not the best driver in the world, so expect breakages when I crash...no matter what car I run. So I wouldn't say that the Schuey cars are any more fragile than any other out there.
Old 06-02-2011

A most constructive comment Terry.
Old 06-02-2011

Has the kit build standard been set yet for the CF Pro? e.g. Does it have titanium turn-buckles, alloy steering arms, alloy eccentric housings, Alloy front and rear suspension pivots etc. I see from photographs, that the cars at the toy fair are all different build standards (slightly), so can anyone confirm what it will be?

One for the shops, or the keen eyed oOpler, who's taking pre-orders on these and what will the price be?
Old 06-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Personally I think it all looks pretty good, and having run my SX2 for only 3 meetings, am not disappointed that a new car has arrived. The SX2 is a great car but if it can be made better with an overhaul then so be it. These companies are here to make money and so R&D keeps going, trying to improve what is already out there. I'd rather see a company moving on and developing their product, making it better for us, rather than just admitting the car was crap and they can't be arsed to make it any better.

For someone to slag a car/manufacturer off so harshly (complete with crap spelling and grammar) without even having raced one for a decent amount of time is ridiculous. And whats all this 'belt stripping' nonsense? I'm not the best driver in the world, so expect breakages when I crash...no matter what car I run. So I wouldn't say that the Schuey cars are any more fragile than any other out there.

Bob on tell.
Old 06-02-2011
Mad Member

Bob get off tel. Sorry I will get my coat.
Old 06-02-2011
Mad Member

Lol
Old 06-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy View Post
Bob get off tel. Sorry I will get my coat.

I've told Bob about that before Spence! lol
It gets right on my nerves!.
Old 06-02-2011

At the end of the day if you really don't like Schumacher that much, then don't read the dam thread in the first place, if it has no interest to you or effect your life in any way then why leave playground comments? Of course people on this thread are going to have good things to say about Schumacher's cars, 80% of people who have commented on here are schumacher drivers or long term customers (and new) Thats like going on the Durango thread and saying there childish for not saying there car is shit! grow up! Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, as are the other users on this thread, who you are slagging off for having that opinion

Everybody can act hardcore with a keyboard!

Old 07-02-2011
Mad Member

Thumbs down

You act hardcore with a keyboard tel
Yes I don't like Schumacher cars ( its not a crime)but I can read and comment as I like ,as a fan of Rc cars.And I do have plenty of experience with them!
As do others about other manufacturers how many threads have been like b44 vs dex and people list their comments
Old 07-02-2011
No trade access

Make me think about classic forum crap I often saw on non rc related
Internet forums.

I really like the car, especially the new shell because I didn't like the
SX one. Always like Schumacher back to the Topcat, the SX
did make me fall into RC again and I will buy a SX3 for sure.

It seems it's going to be a challenge to wire the electronic properly,
can't wait to see team driver's cars.