Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 28-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The race controller View Post
Did you notice the track cutting ?? I did ---- and I'll knock off ten seconds next time I see him.

@ 2.44 Millsy stikes again
Old 28-11-2011
Gypsy Member

I'm glad woodys back in some way or another to help bury out It's needed
I will be racing in future when my van is back on the road
And I have some mint indoor jumps and ramps for bury easy to store and set up and fun to jump
See you boys for some racing soon
Good work wood
Old 28-11-2011

Default Confused!

I am somewhat bemused as to the first line here? You have been made to stand down?
I have seen no evidence of this and despite several attempts to enter into conversation with Stuart, nor has he given me any.

Facts:
1. This club has been bemoaning the failure to hold an agm for most of this year.
2. When it was finally held, those persons still complaining did not attend.
3. The issue of club chairman was discussed and Roger, Si and Rob all stated that Stu had sought to actually stand down the previous year.
4. Stu did not attend or send forward any word of his intentions to the agm. In fact Stu made his intentions clear here on oople.

Now, as those persons present at the agm will support, I did not volunteer for the role. I was proposed and seconded. I remain with the same intentions as when i accepted, that is to help support the club.
I had no knowledge of committee members not paying fees! To be honest i feel this is wrong and i said as much to Roger.

As for the race meetings. It is worth us noting the we have had TWO meetings since the agm at a new venue. Coupled with many new members, who it has been said are in need of further education on the club rules and general etiquette.. Seemingly something we would all have had to do when we started racing.
I do not dispute that the turn out over the weekend was disappointing, however for anyone to complain about the lack of committee attendants is unwarranted.
It is only right that the committee are allowed to miss meetings just as any member.
I personally work shifts, again a point raised at the agm, and therefore unable to make every meeting. I also have a young family who like Simon has already pointed out do impact on my schedule!

It is high time the club ceased with the public washing of our business and got on with the fun that is supposed to be racing.

Stuart. You with your significant experience and the manager of a local rc shop are without doubt the best person to chair this club. If you wish to take back your role then lets do it formally. An emergency agm can be called if you so wish?
I want to be clear and say that i continue to want to help the club in any way i can in any event.

Darren
Chairman

I have been made to feel that I was not welcome on the Bury Metro Commitee/Chairman and as today shows I cant believe I let you make me stand down!
The Commitee should be a shamed of them selves right now.
Not a ONE off the commitee helped set up and not a ONE raced today!
The Chairman did turn up but after the track was nearly finished and then went 10 minutes after that.

I gave up a race meeting that ment something to me and my sponsors to help out a club that I have loved since 1990 and for the new commitee to do what they are doing then I think I will take MY club back!

We had 18 there today and the club paid for the down fall which is very bad!
The club needs money to keep the track and if there is always a down fall then that money will go and also the track.

For the people that want a great day's racing at a GREAT venue then please dont listen to the idiots on here and come along. I promise you will have a great time and you will want to come back.

The track is very big and we have lots of room. We have another 2 halls to pit in so room is not an issue.

All I have to say is THANK YOU to all that came today and THANK YOU for the guys that helped build the track. You all know who you are.

LEt it begin![/QUOTE]

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 28-11-2011

Default I Like the Video

Can I make a suggestion.
The track in the video is not very well defined.
With the white lines that are on the floor the edge of the track blends in making it hard to see.
I bet your new racers found they were crashing a lot.
Old 30-11-2011

Default Valid point

Also......The Results are on the website.

Also Fan of "Shepherd Neame"
Old 01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The race controller View Post
Also......The Results are on the website.
Where abouts Rog?
Old 01-12-2011

Found them now!! for some reason my pc was loading the page from the cache file?? Loving the new sponsor by the way
Old 08-12-2011

Default old guard

agree with jg i'll be back in some capacity next year