Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 25-10-2007

Send a message via AIM to Andy Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by encore75 View Post
Hey Andy, when you cut & paste from rctech, be sure to proofread.

Haha, yea. I just figured someone over here might want to know of my expirience as well.

| Kyosho America | kyoshoamerica.com | Team Orion | teamorion.com |Winning Edge Designs | wedjim.com | Jab Graphix | jabgraphix.com |
Old 25-10-2007

Default My first proper race with 'rear middle conv'

I've basically got joe's set-up but with 65 springs and 35wt assoc'd oil in the rear and 60 front springs and 40wt oil and I've flipped the forward/rear pivot block as it looks to give 1 deg' of anti-squat eveything else is 'as per'. I was at stotfold for the first round of the winter series, the wrong tyres did not help but, with the help from another (non running RB5) owner some staggered ribs appeared on my car for my last qualy' and i moved the rear shocks to the outside on the tower, WOW the car was hooked up and really stable with far more balance grip wise and jumping well too, the combination of new track and sheer suprise at just how drivable the car was threw me a little as i wasn't used to it. After four mins i started to push as i was gettin' used to it and exploring new lines i got my fastest lap on my last lap but so many mistakes before meant i did not improve by much. In the final the car was flying and i ended up fifth in the end i think from seventh. Now i am going to try with the front hubs forward as i still had a bit too much front end. NOTE, at the end of the straight there is a nasty lip/ridge as you turn in for turn 1, i didn't even notice it was there driving my car until i was told about it and then went to investigate for conformation as i thought the guy was joking. My biggest downfall at the mo' is the novak 3.5 sintered brushless in the back that is just too much by far for a 2wd, Anybody wanna swap i would like to try a 6.5 ?
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 25-10-2007
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
NOTE, at the end of the straight there is a nasty lip/ridge as you turn in for turn 1, i didn't even notice it was there...................... My biggest downfall at the mo' is the novak 3.5 sintered brushless in the back that is just too much by far for a 2wd, Anybody wanna swap i would like to try a 6.5 ?
You would have been actually flying at the end of the straight with a 3.5, no wonder you didn't notice it!! 3.5 in a 2wd is full on commitment
Old 26-10-2007

lol most people start off with too fast motors, most peoples egos wont allow them to run a slower motor.

try a 7.5 to start off with, its more than fast enough in a 2wd.
Old 26-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevLee View Post
3.5 in a 2wd is full on commitment
very PC answer Kev! Most would just say it's suicide!!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback