Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 09-03-2013

Default B44.2 or XB4

Thought I had it down to one car, but can't choose between them.
Both very nice cars.
Please help because I have to order the car on Monday, because I have regionals starting in over a month
Old 09-03-2013

I'd take the XB4, I know it's had an update almost straight away but I think it's going to be epic. Not that the B44.2 isn't already awesome, it's just down to personnel preference.
Old 09-03-2013

I just went from a B44.1 to a Durango.

If i was to pick another car, i think it would be the XB4, it looks sexy and i think it's gonna be a real contender. I don't think enough has been done from B44.1 to B44.2, at the end of the day go with your gut.
Old 09-03-2013
Mad Member

XB4 all the way

its a fantastic car

easy to drive fast as, and easy to work on.

you also dont need to add any optional extras out the box as everything is included
Old 10-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had the same decision, and went for the Xray. Love it, it's working really well for me now. Can't wait to take it outdoors.

Both are great cars though.

Look at what others run locally, its always good to have someone else to talk to about locals setups and someone else to maybe borrow a spare off if its something you don't have. The Xray is a sold car though now the upgrade kit is out.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-03-2013

Ive said this before, so I,ll say it again.

if your local store stocks them and also has the parts then get the XB4,its a cracking car. BUT as I did, I rang 4 stores and none had them, wheelspin was on backorder for 3 weeks. Modelsports didn't and others. So I bought the 44.2 and K1

I further looked at the spares list and most stores had under 10 items, or None for the XB4

Do the same for the 44.2 and K1 and youll see most vendors stock them, and the parts list is massive.

The position I took was I need stuff in good supply not short supply, this may not be the case, but google told me otherwise. Just ask your local store and if they can readily get you wishbones, etc, then go for it
Old 13-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobamory View Post
Ive said this before, so I,ll say it again.

if your local store stocks them and also has the parts then get the XB4,its a cracking car. BUT as I did, I rang 4 stores and none had them, wheelspin was on backorder for 3 weeks. Modelsports didn't and others. So I bought the 44.2 and K1

I further looked at the spares list and most stores had under 10 items, or None for the XB4

Do the same for the 44.2 and K1 and youll see most vendors stock them, and the parts list is massive.

The position I took was I need stuff in good supply not short supply, this may not be the case, but google told me otherwise. Just ask your local store and if they can readily get you wishbones, etc, then go for it
Maybe you should have looked at MB Models, they have just about everything in stock for the XB4, and most of the things that aren't are things that should be breaking like shock bodies, or that you could use just about anyones bits like pinions or body pins.

I had a B44 years ago, horrible thing, hated bumps, fell apart from no good reason and I had to carry round a lot of spares for it.

Got the Xray now after 3 1/2 years of a Durango, seems pretty good so far and the build was a dream compared to anything I've had before.
Old 14-03-2013
Mad Member

Just got an XB4 and straight out of the box set up was good and as not the best driver used it at a recent regional and it came away unscathed, so it's a solid car and works extremly well.
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 14-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny tom View Post
Thought I had it down to one car, but can't choose between them.
Both very nice cars.
Please help because I have to order the car on Monday, because I have regionals starting in over a month
Out of those two the b44.2 all day everyday
For lots of reasons
Availability of parts, setups, advice
The results it's had
Ease of use and maintenance
Reliability
Old 14-03-2013
Mad Member

I have had both. Most recently the Xray. Fantastic car. Fast, smooth and handles great. Only gripe is cost of parts.

The alloy caps were the last straw for me so i got rid of it.

If i were buying again i would choose the Xray every day. Team Associated would need a drastic update before i contemplated buying another 4wd from them.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 14-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Maybe you should have looked at MB Models, they have just about everything in stock for the XB4, and most of the things that aren't are things that should be breaking like shock bodies, or that you could use just about anyones bits like pinions or body pins.

I had a B44 years ago, horrible thing, hated bumps, fell apart from no good reason and I had to carry round a lot of spares for it.

Got the Xray now after 3 1/2 years of a Durango, seems pretty good so far and the build was a dream compared to anything I've had before.
In my defence John I actually didn't know MB was where it was, but I rang 4 well known and none had it, and wheelpspin was on 3 weeks backorder which isn't good for a new product.

I do now of course USE MB the guys are great.

Either car is great, I don't understand how yours 44 jumped about, associated have some of the best dampers around, maybe your setup wrong

Mines fine
Old 14-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Either car is great, I don't understand how yours 44 jumped about, associated have some of the best dampers around, maybe your setup wrong

Mines fine
oooo, your a cheeky one

Maybe the set-up was wrong, (being Club Champ I wouldn't know the set-up for that track ) but then so was the set-up on the other 7 B44s at the club at the time, loads of us went and got them only to be disappointed and sell them on, the Yokomo BX I had replaced with the 44 didn't know there were bumps on that track
Old 14-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
In my defence John I actually didn't know MB was where it was, but I rang 4 well known and none had it, and wheelpspin was on 3 weeks backorder which isn't good for a new product.
Shame on you for not knowing about MB, they only have a big flashy banner at the top of the page

I can understand about Wheelspin though, they were terrible on HB D4 spares
Old 14-03-2013

I have to say that the 44.2 can't realistically be compared with its 6yr old predecessor. Very few parts are the same.
Let alone geometry and shock changes!
All the weaker parts are no longer used. Extra length and bb shocks stop that skippy rear end. For drivers of all abilities the 44.2 is easy to drive and setup for any track. The ae team are all very approachable should you have any issues.
The b44 platform is the single most successful 4wd car ever on an international level!!! It is probably used as the 2nd bench mark to measure other 4wds on, behind the legendary xx4.
I know the X-ray is a very good car and will not put it down in any way but you cannot really abuse a car that is as successful as the b44.0.1.2. /bj4/worlds.
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Old 14-03-2013

Cheers for the information, but went for a xb4 and looking forward to running it on Sunday.
Old 14-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveproracing View Post
I have to say that the 44.2 can't realistically be compared with its 6yr old predecessor. Very few parts are the same.
Let alone geometry and shock changes!
All the weaker parts are no longer used. Extra length and bb shocks stop that skippy rear end. For drivers of all abilities the 44.2 is easy to drive and setup for any track. The ae team are all very approachable should you have any issues.
The b44 platform is the single most successful 4wd car ever on an international level!!! It is probably used as the 2nd bench mark to measure other 4wds on, behind the legendary xx4.
I know the X-ray is a very good car and will not put it down in any way but you cannot really abuse a car that is as successful as the b44.0.1.2. /bj4/worlds.
I was going to mention the results it's had but thought thought it would open up a can of worms!